View Full Version : Pocket PC 2215 out of memory now hanging on the hp invent screen!!!!

dimpleu
05-23-2005, 06:57 PM
:(

HELP!

My pocket PC ran out of memory while i was in the middle of a recording. I was busy so instead of using explorer to free up some space, I just switched off my device. My device also has a password installed. Now when i try to switch it on..since its out of memory it cannot load the Passwrod screen. It just keeps on trying to load again and again and keeps failing.

How can i get my pocket PC to function normally again.

My i-task button is not wroking properly so I had some time ago converted the email inbox button to perform the tasks that were originally assigned to the i-task button. I am letting you know this as I wonder if this poses as a challenge to a performing a hard reset as I am unable to do that too!

Please help me find a solution to this so that my data will also remain in tact, if possible

Sven Johannsen
05-23-2005, 07:21 PM
I am letting you know this as I wonder if this poses as a challenge to a performing a hard reset as I am unable to do that too!

Please help me find a solution to this so that my data will also remain in tact, if possible

Well, a hard reset, however you do it, won't retain any data that isn't on a flash card. You can do one fairly easily though. Take the battery out tonight, put it back in in the morning. It'll be hard reset. Actually it doesn't take overnight, but it does take more than a few minutes. Exactly how long varies by device, and I can't give you a for sure time, other than overnight.

I am afraid it is going to get to that though. Another case for backups.