View Full Version : Mixed Blessing

jbachandouris
05-19-2005, 10:16 PM
:D Well here goes. Yesterday morning my wife took the First Response Pregnancy Test and it read positive. Today she went to the Dr's office and they confirmed it. Apparently, false positives are rare, wheras false negatives are more likey. Although I am excited by the prospect of another child, my excitment is tempered by my 13 week old lay-off. And my employment history has not been very stellar as of late. I know that I should have waitied for a more 'stable' financial situation, but with the rarity of 'activity' in our marriage, I thought the odds of this were small. I guess I was wrong.. :oops:

Jon Westfall
05-20-2005, 01:21 AM
:D Well here goes. Yesterday morning my wife took the First Response Pregnancy Test and it read positive. Today she went to the Dr's office and they confirmed it. Apparently, false positives are rare, wheras false negatives are more likey. Although I am excited by the prospect of another child, my excitment is tempered by my 13 week old lay-off. And my employment history has not been very stellar as of late. I know that I should have waitied for a more 'stable' financial situation, but with the rarity of 'activity' in our marriage, I thought the odds of this were small. I guess I was wrong.. :oops:

Well, you can't get much more off-topic than this.

Hope you find some work soon, and that this mixed blessing becomes less negative and more positive, thus dropping the 'mixed' prefix.

jbachandouris
05-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Thanks.