View Full Version : bluetooth headsets for SX66

Dave Gummersheimer
05-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Hi. I was wondering how many of you SX66 users use bluetooth headsets and how well do they work and or which models do you use. I tried a IOGear headset and it has poor performance with the phone. I've looked at the Jabra BT800 but I'm just not sure. Please let me here from you owners out there and let me know what is best in your opinion. Thanks 0X

Carlos
05-19-2005, 11:06 AM
I went out and bought about 8 headsets to try. I kept the Bluetrek G2 as my favorite. The G-Lite was comfortable by noisy. The Moto HS820 was horribly uncomfortable and picked up wind noise in the convertible. Up to about 65 MPH I can use the G2 with the top down.

I hated all the Jabras; big and heavy. Also the belt clip is most definitely not secure (luckily both times it just fell out in my truck).

Dave Gummersheimer
05-20-2005, 04:58 AM
I looked at the compatibilty list and I didn't see the SX66 listed. Only the SX56 was shown so I don't know for show that it would work. Any others out there people :?:

Carlos
05-20-2005, 06:37 PM
I've tried a lot of phones and a lot of headsets. I've never found a headset and phone combination that would not work.

Dave Gummersheimer
05-21-2005, 08:12 AM
So you have used it with the SX66 and have good results? Any problems with people not being able to hear you or the headset not wanting to answer?

Carlos
05-21-2005, 12:22 PM
I had the i-Mate PDA2k version of it for two weeks before I realized what a horrible piece of junk it was, and returned it. In that time I used it with a Moto HS820, G-Lite, and G2. All of them worked fine on the few occasions that the BT stack on the device was actually functional. I have not used the device branded as SX-66.