View Full Version : Re: Persistent, Shmersistent. Give Me A 12 Year Personal Nuclear Battery

krypticide
05-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Although Tritium is a weak emitting radioisotope - the lead radioactive shielding required for H&S legislayion will be detrimental to the portability of the PDA ;-)

Alpha particles are easily stopped and do not require lead shielding. The article even says this. RTA.

[Edit: Sorry, RTFA was a bit too insulting.]

griph
05-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Alpha particles are easily stopped and do not require lead shielding. The article even says this. RTFA.
May be so - but I wouldn't be so CRASS as to swear at someone in order to make MY point! A Good Manners v2.5 upgrade would serve you better than any Tritium powered PPC!. :roll:

Kursplat
05-15-2005, 03:29 PM
I don't understand.

How was "RTFA" (Read The Featured Article) swearing or crass? :D

SHC
05-15-2005, 03:39 PM
I think "featured" is not the word he meant!

griph
05-15-2005, 03:42 PM
I don't understand.

How was "RTFA" (Read The Featured Article) swearing or crass? :D
Oh I am sure that RTFA could refer to 'Featured Article' just as I could probably fit a whole load of varying meanings to many acronyms - but traditionally and commonly in Netiquette the 'F' has not referred to 'Featured' at all! Refer to http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=RTFA :
1. RTFA Acronym for "Read The F*cking Article"
Its the same as RTFM and FOAD, and is rarely used as a polite tool for directing anyone!

Kursplat
05-15-2005, 05:10 PM
I, for one, would not mind a 10-year battery for my PPC. Growing a third walnut might not be worth it, though. 8O

I think "featured" is not the word he meant!
I know. But I just can't figure out if he meant "Full-featured", "Fabulous", "Fantastic", or "Friggin". :wink:

Oh I am sure that RTFA could refer to... Sorry, griph. Of course, I know what he meant by RTFA. I must have accidentally chosen the wrong emoticon that indicated I was JOKING. But thanks for the definition for those that don't know what it means.

Oh, I just saw the "View more emoticons" link. Maybe I can find what I need there. I just hope I'm not bombarded with hundreds of them!

griph
05-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Oh, I just saw the "View more emoticons" link. Maybe I can find what I need there. I just hope I'm not bombarded with hundreds of them!

:oops: Duuh! Sorry! As they say 'up north' I were so put owt I never noticed t'emoticon! I were so mad I could'a written Bum on a wall! Guess it's time for me t'get off me flippin' bandwagon and live up t' me own sig! Must be me blimmin' age or somethin'! :)

bjornkeizers
05-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Hey Griph,

If you have the time, could you give me your take on FAQ, FTP, TFT, etc? :D My my, what a potty-mouthed people we are :D ;-)

griph
05-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Hey Griph,

If you have the time, could you give me your take on FAQ, FTP, TFT, etc? :D My my, what a potty-mouthed people we are :D ;-)

For that - you'd need to RTM! ;-) TMTLA!!

krypticide
05-16-2005, 06:24 AM
I apologize, I didn't mean to making RTFA so insulting. I must have just been browsing Slashdot. Again, I'm sorry about that.

griph
05-16-2005, 07:06 AM
I apologize, I didn't mean to making RTFA so insulting. I must have just been browsing Slashdot. Again, I'm sorry about that.

No worries - see pm.

rocky_raher
05-17-2005, 03:37 AM
Why do so many people get emotional about Real-Time Frequency Analysis??