View Full Version : PPC 6600 - Active Sync 3.8 ?'s

venge
05-15-2005, 07:39 AM
I have an UT Starcom Audiovox PPC 6600 and currently use activesync 3.8

My questions is how can i sync with 3 computers. I have a home system, Laptop and a work system that i want to be able to sync all with. Every time i try to sync with a different unit it wants me to create a new partnership eventhough it has already synced once with the current cpu. And to continue it wants me to rename my Device Name as it says it is currnetly in use.

Is there a proper way to be able to syn the 3 computers with the one Device.

venge

yankeejeep
05-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Using ActiveSync, your device can maintain 2 partnerships. It can have one primary partnership (that will be able all the AS areas including Inbox) and one secondary (that will be able to sync all AS areas except Inbox). Inbox syncing can only be maintained with the primary partnership's main Outlook email account and its subfolders. You can connect with an unlimited number os host PCs as a guest, but this mode does not allow syncs with the hosr PC. AFAIK, this limitation resides on your device, but you could browse through the PocketPCMag sitre's software encyclopedia under synchronization of there is a sync program available that bypasses this restriction. It is not something that can be done with ActiveSync.