View Full Version : Frustrated by idiots

OneAngryDwarf
05-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I get so frustrated everytime I read an article about how PDA's are declining and losing out to SmartPhones... SmartPhones are phone's w/ PDA's people!!!!! A treo is a phone with a built in Palm unit... Some have Palm, some have PPC, some have something else but they are still PDA's... I mean what the heck does PDA stand for? Personal Digital Assistant... if you are able to talk to somebody on a device does that no longer make it a Personal Digital Assistant? I watch movies, listen to music, read books and lots more on my PDA... does that mean it isn't a PDA and it is instead a SmartMP3Player... mmm no. Oh no... I just loaded Skype on my PDA and am talking to people all over the world... whoops there goes my PDA... PDA sales aren't going down, they are skyrocketing, what is going down is the intelligence levels of these morons!!!! Its like they took some sort of weird logical reasoning course which does not allow them to distinguish between categories correctly. Viva PPCT and weeding out the ignorance one ignoramus at a time!

Jason Dunn
05-11-2005, 10:23 PM
I agree, it always frustrates me when I read those types of articles. Yes, sales are declining on non-wireless, non-phone PDAs. But sales are jumping on wireless, phone-based PDAs. When colour screens were introduced and sales of greyscale units fell sharply, did anyone declare the death of the PDA just because one TYPE of PDA wasn't popular? :roll:

Paragon
05-11-2005, 10:44 PM
I get so frustrated everytime I read an article about how PDA's are declining and losing out to SmartPhones... SmartPhones are phone's w/ PDA's people!!!!! A treo is a phone with a built in Palm unit... Some have Palm, some have PPC, some have something else but they are still PDA's... I mean what the heck does PDA stand for? Personal Digital Assistant... if you are able to talk to somebody on a device does that no longer make it a Personal Digital Assistant? I watch movies, listen to music, read books and lots more on my PDA... does that mean it isn't a PDA and it is instead a SmartMP3Player... mmm no. Oh no... I just loaded Skype on my PDA and am talking to people all over the world... whoops there goes my PDA... PDA sales aren't going down, they are skyrocketing, what is going down is the intelligence levels of these morons!!!! Its like they took some sort of weird logical reasoning course which does not allow them to distinguish between categories correctly. Viva PPCT and weeding out the ignorance one ignoramus at a time!

From a marketing point, what are they supposed to do? I use a JAM. It's Pocket PC Phone Edition Device....it is a PDA and it is a phone. If you class it as a PDA, I and several hundred thousand people fall off the planet and are not counted because we use our PDA as a phone. We are no longer counted as cellphone users. If you class it as a phone we have the opposite scenario..... :idea: Why not call these devices Smartphones? :idea: This way from a marketing standpoint we will all be accounted for, enabling those who need to know what the market is doing to see a true picture. :)

Dave

MulesRockorz
05-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Well, I personaly think its pretty stupid to argue over what they're called. You could just say its Both? (because its a phone and PDA, duh :| )

I peffer a PDA being JUST a PDA, nothing else. It would make it cheaper and faster if its just a PDA and not PDA, Digital Camrea and phone. your batteries would last longer too. :)

Sven Johannsen
05-12-2005, 03:00 AM
Great taste...Less filling? It's two, two, two mints in one.