View Full Version : Get JAM or wait until WinMobile 5?

stsanford
05-11-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm sick and tired of my MPX200 not lasting the day, locking, getting very poor reception and generally working more against me than with me. My PDA is currently an iPAQ 4155 that is great. I'm thinking of getting an iMate JAM, but after reading the stuff about WM5, would i be better served to wait?

Thanks!

Chris Spera
05-11-2005, 09:29 PM
WM5, tho upgrades are being offered by Dell and HP, is really for PPC Phones (now THAT may spark some debate!). There are going to be some interesting devices released before the end of the year.

If you can wait... wait. See what's going to be released and then make the best decision you can. I have an e-mail message in to a contact I have at Carrier Devices asking for an official response on the release of WM5 (will there be upgrades for the PDA2k/ JAM, etc.). I sent it yesterday and have not gotten a response yet.

If i-mate offers a WM5 upgrade for the PDA2k and JAM, I'd say get the JAM now and then buy the upgrade when they (if they) release it. If they drag their feet, then I would wait as long as I can and pick a WM5 native device.

Hope this helps!

stsanford
05-12-2005, 04:02 AM
Thansk so much Chris. Sometimes it is tough to wait, but well worth it!

I will deal with my current situation for as long as I can until WM5 is out and looking good!