View Full Version : HP 6300:Should i buy or wait ??

sunnyawesome
05-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Hi i'm sunny

I currently use a HP 2215 AND T610.
Now i'm planning for a convergent devise.
Is this HP a good choice? is it reliable or should i go for old xda o2
I'm getting both for $450(us) and yes i'm not the one made up of money.
So please dont recomend me devises like o2 iii or o2 S.

Thanx

Eriq Cook
05-11-2005, 04:49 PM
WAIT. The 6315 is still buggy even after the recent software update.

But, If another Pocket PC Phone device is offered (my favorite is the MDA III, aka Cingular Siemens SX-66, aka Sprint PPC6001, etc), I would get a different device (besides the HP 6315).

You'll also have to consider that most likely in a couple of months we'll start seeing Windows Mobile 5-based Pocket PC Phones that are more advanced. And I notice that carriers take an extremely long time providing OS upgrades for Pocket PC Phones, opposed to generic Pocket PCs.

My opinion would be to wait a couple of months to see what hits the market.

peterg
05-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Hi i'm sunny

I currently use a HP 2215 AND T610.
Now i'm planning for a convergent devise.
Is this HP a good choice? is it reliable or should i go for old xda o2
I'm getting both for $450(us) and yes i'm not the one made up of money.
So please dont recomend me devises like o2 iii or o2 S.

Thanx

I'd wait, HP has announced the models which will be getting upgrades to WM2005 and the h6300 series isn't one of them. At this point I would consider only devices with WM2005 or WM2005 upgrade paths.

See this article on Brighthand http://www.brighthand.com/article/WinMo5_Upgrade_Coming_for_Some_iPAQs.

Jon Westfall
05-13-2005, 11:54 PM
You really have to be a diehard to love a 6300 series sometimes. Although for a convergent device for someone who isn't a real heavy power user, its pretty nice. The 6300 can also be used by other PPCs down the road the same way your 610 is used by your 2215 for internet access.

I'd stay where you are for a few months, let the dust settle of WM 2005, and then survey the scene. As a plus, when HTC releases their new models later this year, the older models will drop price.