View Full Version : Pocket Hack Master

Patrick Y.
05-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I've been using Pocket Hack Master to overclock the CPU of my Acer n10 for a while. Though, Pocket Hack Master doesn't recognize my device. I have to find the right setting one by one, which is really troublesome. Does anyone know the best speed setting for PXA255 300mhz?

Menneisyys
05-08-2005, 06:59 PM
I've been using Pocket Hack Master to overclock the CPU of my Acer n10 for a while. Though, Pocket Hack Master doesn't recognize my device. I have to find the right setting one by one, which is really troublesome. Does anyone know the best speed setting for PXA255 300mhz?

I've found some results at http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=379761 :

118mhz SDRAM
236mhz FSB (2xRAM)
472mhz CPU (2xFSB)

Please note that it was done on a PXA261; still, may be worth checking out (read the thread).

Patrick Y.
05-09-2005, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. Though, my pocket pc froze up when I test it.

applejosh
05-09-2005, 04:35 AM
From what I've read, every device is different, even within the same model sometimes. It makes it hard to recommend settings that are outside the tolerances listed for a particular processor/device. Sorry I don't have any settings to try (I played around with PHM when I had my H3955, but haven't felt the need with my rx3715), but I found that trying some setting that supposedly worked on my old processor just locked up the device. Trial and error is how I found the settings that worked for my device.

Patrick Y.
05-09-2005, 05:02 AM
From what I've read, every device is different, even within the same model sometimes. It makes it hard to recommend settings that are outside the tolerances listed for a particular processor/device
Just out of curiousity, what are the factors that influence device's performance? It is extremely strange how the models with the same processors vary greatly in performance. For example, both 5555 and a716 have the same processor (400mhz), but graphic index of these two devices differs greatly.

uzetaab
05-10-2005, 01:56 AM
Lots of things make a difference to the performance of similar devices.
What software is installed on each machine,
how well a device is cooled (ie heatsinks),
connections for the internal wiring of parts.
The wiring itself.
Apparently no 2 processors are 100% identical, they may be .0001% different & thus will perform slightly different. This is most noticable with overclocking reliability.

As for what overclocking settings to use, the rules iiare the same on PPC as PC.
do it in small increments, untill is locks up, then dial it back a couple of increments. Then test is with something that eats a lot of resourses to make sure it still doesn't lock up.