View Full Version : Category based Syncing

flooder
05-05-2005, 04:01 PM
I am looking for a sync software that can sync based on categories. Many I want to do this for calender. I have played with Intellisync and had tons of problems and the price seems very high.

Phillip Dyson
05-05-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm currently using Intellisync at work to filter by categories. I share your impression about is usability and have been constantly on the lookout for an alternative. But I've found none.

I'm really hoping AS 4.0 will do right by us and fix the filtering "philosophy".

flooder
05-05-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm currently using Intellisync at work to filter by categories. I share your impression about is usability and have been constantly on the lookout for an alternative. But I've found none.

I'm really hoping AS 4.0 will do right by us and fix the filtering "philosophy".

My biggest problem with Intellisync is that it will work fine for month and then it will start hanging when reading from the PocketPC. It'll be at 48 of 300 or something and then hang. This time I haven't gotten it to correct itself.

I was hoping there was another software package. I am happy :roll: with AS for exchange mail, contacts and files but it will not do for connecting to my home and work calenders.

Phillip Dyson
05-05-2005, 08:37 PM
I have the same expeience with the intermittent performance. After going back and forth with support they basicall told me to go back to the version that used to work. So I had to go back 2 version.

After I upgraded Office (at work) to 2003 I ventured one version forward. Seems to be okay. I suspect it craps out on re-occurring items. Not sure though. Support never gave me a reason.

I only use Intellisync at work because I dont' want my personal data on my work computer. Some people call me all me crazy and just sync all their data.

At home I use ActiveSync because there is no filtering needed.

I feel your pain. :(