View Full Version : Wireless and Bluetooth combined SDIO card

ShahnHogan
05-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Does anyone know if there is such a device? I have a Dell Axim X30 the low end model and I want to add Wireless and GPS, but I would like the GPS unit to work with my Laptop and Tablet PC so I really need bluetooth. Also, even better would be WiFi/Bluetooth and 256MB or more memory. Am I dreaming or are these types of devices not needed?

- Shahn

GSmith
05-04-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't think there's a card that combines everything you've mentioned, but there is a 256MB memory with WiFi SDIO card from Sandisk.

http://www.sandisk.com/retail/256mb-wifi-sd.asp

I don't know of a similar combined version of memory/bluetooth.

Either way, your best bet would have been to buy the Axim X30 wireless option, it's only (currently) $80 difference, which will be entirely washed out by the cards you are about to purchase ;-)

The Sandisk 256MB/WiFi card is $89 at PCMall, for example.

There is some rumor that the X30 will be going away and not be upgradable to WM2005, so you may want to be aware of that before you purchase a new one, though.

This is much more information than you asked for, but I hope it helps.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - The Pocket PC RSS, podcatcher, videocatcher
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

ShahnHogan
05-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Greg,
Thanks for the reply. I actually won the Axim X30 yesterday from a vendor at a local MSDN Event. That is gonna stink if Dell can't support the next OS upgrade due to the limited ROM size. Oh well, what are ya gonna do? Yeah, I had seen and read a little about the SanDisk card that is what prompted my question about the combining of Bluetooth and WiFi. I didn't find anything when performing a quick search on Google so I thought I'd try here. Well it looks like I have the option of getting the vanilla WiFi, getting the SanDisk or selling the unit and upgrading to another unit with included Bluetooth and WiFi. Anybody interested in the Axim X30. I've only had it a day so I'd consider it new, but the box was opened when I received it. Email me if you are interested.

Thanks again.

- Shahn