View Full Version : Monitorize mouse global events in WINDOWS-CE;

javitobcn
05-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Monitorize mouse global events in WINDOWS-CE;

Hello,

I'm working in VISUAL C++ embedded 3.0. with Windows CE. My goal is to monitorize mouse global events.
By the moment I'm working with a WH_JOURNALRECORD global hook that catches all input global events of the

operating system, basically keyboard and mouse events. But when I catch a mouse event, it only gives me
information about the application that receives this event, and the position (x,y) where the user pushes
in the PDA's screen. I want to know, for example, if the user clicks one option in a menu, so what option
the user clicks, or if it clicks a desktop icon, so i want to know icon's name, and so on.

I want to make a program for windows CE mobile devices, like Smartphones and PocketPCs, and the goal of the
program will be monitorize all mouse global events in order to help the user in his navegation in the system. I

want to make a program like "Narrator.exe" of Windows XP, that processes all mouse events and after a speech

voice synthetizer says the option that the user clicks. Is this possible in Windows CE? Microsoft says that NO,

because in windows ce isn't support COM Architecture due to the specific capabilities of the hardware in the

mobile devices because we are speaking of embedded systems.

So, someone can help me, please?

Thank you very much,

SIncerely,

javitobcn