View Full Version : SDIO, keyboard, FM tuner

Ck87.JF
05-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Hello, I have two questions reguarding my HP iPAQ rx3115 WM2003 se Pocket PC.
1) SDIO audio input
I was wondering if there is an SDIO product on the market that has an audio input jack on it, to better record things. See, I recently had an idea of recording the sermons at church, and then put MP3s of them on the church site, so people could download them and listen to them. Now, granted, I have a mic on it, but with that, all the ambient noise would also be recorded. I run the audio/video equipment to record the sermon to put on TV, but if I were to record it from TV, it'd be reduced in quality. I thought I could do it straight from the source. I could run an audio cable from the headphone jack on the sound board to the computer's audio in, but the computer isn't near enough for my audio cable - it's too short. Plus, I don't have any audio recording software installed on it, nor do I want to. I'd rather just use the Pocket PC.
This could come in handy other times, too.
So, is this possible, and if so, is there something like it on the market?

2) Bluetooth keyboards
I haven't purchased one yet, but I want to get a bluetooth keyboard. Not one of those cheap folding ones, with the tiny, hard-to-press keys. A full-sized Windows compatible keyboard that will work on both Windows Desktop (WinXP), and Windows Mobile (WM2003 se).
This way, I have one keyboard for both devices, and also, I can type on my PDA without using the soft keyboard, or write using transcriber (which doesn't recognize my writing very well).

Also, one more question - any good SDIO FM tuners (not transmitters - I want to listen to FM, not broadcast), that are cheap?

Thanks for the help... have a good day.
Any information would be appreciated - you can email me at random.id /at/ gmail[dot]com

-Christopher

phs
05-02-2005, 02:26 AM
Also, one more question - any good SDIO FM tuners (not transmitters - I want to listen to FM, not broadcast), that are cheap?

http://www.c-guysusa.com/SD-Radio.html

Don't know if it's any good, but it's made in Japan.
I use their SDIO Wi-Fi card which is very good. Big, but good.