View Full Version : New to Hosted Exchange and Have a Newbie Question

mashtim
04-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Ok, this is about as basic as it gets.

I'm running Outlook 2003 and am using a trial from a Hosted Exchange provider.

I have my email set up nicely, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to make the contacts/calendar folders in my Personal Folders directory available to the Exchange folder.

Does anyone know of a good Exchange for Newbies tutorial, btw? ;)

Thanks in advance for your help!

PR.
04-29-2005, 09:35 AM
It sounds like you may be downloading the information off the server into Outlook, try:

Tools > Email Accounts > View or Change existing accounts > and ensure "Deliver new email to the following location" is set to "Mailbox - <your name>" and not "Personal Folder"

mashtim
04-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the quick response!

I have to apologize, though, as I do not think I was clear enough.

What I am trying to do is copy/migrate/make public (not sure of the terminology) my existing contacts and calendar info to the Exchange Server from my PC. Currently, these folders are in the Personal Folders tree and are not viewable/editable to my Exchange folder.( i.e. Shared Company Address Book, Shared Contact Lists, Shared Calendars and Shared files and folders)

I guess I pretty much want to put my existing info onto the server, since I'll be the only one using this for the time being. I'll worry about giving others access to the ones marked Private later.

I apologize ahead of time for my ignorance.