View Full Version : Suspending suspend?

Phillip Dyson
04-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Does anyone know of an application to toggle suspending on and off.

For example, if I'm in a meeting and only want the screen to turn off after a certain amount of time. But I don't want my PPC to suspend.

yankeejeep
04-29-2005, 12:33 AM
While it isn't automatic, you could install a little freebie called ScreenToggle and map it to a hardware button. Its sole purpose is to turn your display (not just the backlight) off and on.

Go to Settings...Power and uncheck the box to automatically turn your device off after so many minutes to stop the automatic suspend, and use the button you mapped ScreenToggle to to turn your display off when you don't need it. Your battery will be used faster than with the device off, but it will last much longer with the display turned off when not needed.

ctmagnus
04-29-2005, 06:43 AM
Does anyone know of an application to toggle suspending on and off.

For example, if I'm in a meeting and only want the screen to turn off after a certain amount of time. But I don't want my PPC to suspend.

Spb Pocket Plus has an item you can put on the Today plugin to toggle the screen. Tap it to turn off the display and press the power button when the display's off to turn the display back on.

Phillip Dyson
05-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I was hoping for a toggle button that I could use to stop and start the suspend feature rather than having to go to the check box under the power settings.

That way when I'm going to a meeting I can stop suspend from kicking in. Then turn it back on when its over.