View Full Version : new AO3 upate for dell aximx50v

delluser
04-28-2005, 04:21 PM
How do I get my dell aximx50v to accept new update AO3?

Sven Johannsen
04-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Sacrificing a chicken sometimes helps.

Maybe a little more info on what you did, and the results, might help. Following the instructions is usually a good way to start, but if that fails, where does it fail, and what happens when it does? Any error messages?

christak
04-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Unless you are running into the "wrong language" issue, the upgrade works perfectly... check out the aximsite.com forums...
8)

delluser
04-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks for responding.

This is the message I get when I try to install. I don't know what to do and where is that program that I am to reinstall?

"The systsem file cannot be found. Reinstall the system update program."

Thanks for any help.
:?

Don't Panic!
04-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Sounds like an aborted download of the original A03 Update. Try this link for a new copy (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=PDA_AXIM_X50&category=0&os=PPCA&osl=EN), I'm assuming you're using an English OS.

delluser
04-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks for responding so quickly. I notice on the site that there is another version before this one. Do I need to download and install that one first?
:oops:

Sven Johannsen
04-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Thanks for responding so quickly. I notice on the site that there is another version before this one. Do I need to download and install that one first?
:oops:
If you mean the A02 update, no. The A03 is a complete ROM replacement. It would just overwrite the A02 if you did it first. It's not like upgrading Win 98 to XP, it is like reformatting your drive and installing XP from scratch.

delluser
04-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Sounds like an aborted download of the original A03 Update. Try this link for a new copy (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=PDA_AXIM_X50&category=0&os=PPCA&osl=EN), I'm assuming you're using an English OS.

I tried downloading that again and I still get the same message???

I even did a hard reset. Now what?

Don't Panic!
04-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Did you by any chance get your X50v on e-bay? Evidently some production/engineering prototypes were sold that report a higher ROM revision that A03, I guess not though, those users get a different error message.

I would call Dell and ask for a replacement.

If you click on Start >Settings > System and click on System Information, What ROM Version and Language are shown?

delluser
05-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Just found out from Dell that they are making a new update or fix for the AO3. I could not get mine to accept the new update. Don't know if this will help anyone else with the same problem I had. :roll: