View Full Version : PERL/PHP

exharrison
04-27-2005, 06:27 PM
I am looking to get a new PDA, most likely an iPAQ, but I have been out of the loop for a while and was wondering if there is software out these days for running perl/php applications? I haven't been able to find any decisive answers about this for PocketPC.

dochall
04-27-2005, 08:34 PM
i haven't looked for quite some time. There was a german guy had a perl ide and interpreter.

Found it (google is your friend) There is version here (http://www.rainer-keuchel.de/software.html)

He hasn't updated by the look of the site since 2002 (which is a shame as he was a porting machine) and I haven't tried it on a PPC after PPC2K but it may be worth a look. I didn't use it for anything worthwhile but did do some extraction from pbx log files.

Php - I haven't seen anything and as it's not really standalone I would doubt it.

exharrison
04-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the help. That is the only page I had been able to find so far, but as I said I have been out of the loop so I wasn't sure if that would still work on the current OS's. But, I guess when I pick one up, that will be my first place to try.