View Full Version : msReader Axim 50v Update problem

pivaska
04-25-2005, 05:39 PM
I have upgraded my 50v to A03 and am trying to activate my newly installed Microsoft Reader but MS is telling me that I have an older version of the os and won't activate. Anyone else having the problem? I am trying to install it on my built in storage or my cf card.

Don't Panic!
04-25-2005, 07:45 PM
It only activates properly in Main Memory. After that there is a procedure for moving it to one of those other places but I've never done it personally.

pivaska
04-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I will do the research.

JPD6825
05-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Of course you are not alone. Same issue here. I was surprised MS Reader wasn't re-loaded with the A03 ROM update. Silly me. First pass was to try to install it so my SD card with all my other apps. Then a Remove, then a try to install to Main Memory. The app wouldn't even launch in any of these rounds. As I recall from earlier (previous PPC) it ran even without Activation (or is that a false memory?) -- Anyway, I'm on the verge of doing another Hard Reset.

Menneisyys
05-03-2005, 11:02 AM
It only activates properly in Main Memory. After that there is a procedure for moving it to one of those other places but I've never done it personally.

It's described at http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=760856

JPD6825
05-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Did I somehow overlook it -- or was I correct - MS Reader was omitted from the A03 ROM update?

pivaska
05-03-2005, 01:55 PM
You were right.... no msReader on A03! I finally decided to read all of the .lit books that I have now on my PDA and then switch to the Haali Reader. I very rarely purchase any books. I use Guttenburg or Blackmas and they are all in TXT format. Haali is a really good reader.

JPD6825
05-04-2005, 01:20 AM
I swear, I installed it in Main Memory and it still would not 'Activate'. There was an error about an outdated version of Windows Mobile - and not supporting 'Activation'. When someone else sees this - maybe we can get somewhere; in the meantime I'll scratch my head and look for inspirations somewhere.