View Full Version : Strange Problem

kudron
04-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Last week I had to exchange my 6315 with T-Mobile due to a screen problem. When I received the new unit, I re-loaded all of the programs instead of restoring from a backup. Although more time consuming, I didn't want any remanants of old programs on the new unit. After a couple of days, and the new unit running just fine, I started having a synching problem. The unit was sitting in its cradle doing nothing (it had already synched and was just sitting there charging the battery) when the screen flickered and did a hard reset. I was able to restore the unit from a new back-up that I had made earlier that morning. Now, when I attempt to synch the unit, I gat the window asking if I want to combine the data on my PPC with the desktop computer, replace the data on my PPC with the data on my desktop, or not to synch the data. When I choose either of the first two, the ActiveSynch window disappears from the desktop (but AS does not crash since it is still in the system tray). If I choose the third option, the AS window displays attention required for all data that would synch with the desktop.

I have soft reset the PPC, rebooted the desktop, hard reset the PPC and restored from the previously mentioned backup, and deleted and reloaded AS into the desktop, all to no avail.

Any ideas???

MitchellO
04-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Not sure of your problem, but I suggest you take it to TMobile. You may have a defective unit or something. Also, check that you have the latest ROM, and if not update it.

If all else fails, return it to TMobile and complain.