View Full Version : Audiovox in a coma

mixebug
04-23-2005, 06:15 PM
I recently depleted the main battery on my Audiovox PPC 4100 (through unintentional negligence) and lost my data. Fortunately, I'd done an Active-Sync just prior to this, but not a standard backup. Due to some glitches trying to restore, I disconnected the battery overnight hoping to "wipe the slate clean" and start from the beginning.

It appears I went too far doing this...with the battery fully charged, and even with AC power plugged in...I cannot turn the device back on. I press the button and there's no response...no light...no screen...or anything. With restored battery, it seems I ought to at least get the setup screen.

You may spank me later, but, for now, can anyone advise me of how to resuscitate my Pocket PC?

Janak Parekh
04-23-2005, 07:43 PM
First off, this may be a stupid question, but did you try hard-resetting the device? (In general, this is a more preferable way to wipe a device than doing the battery-drain method.)

--janak

mixebug
04-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Yes, this seems a bit stupid...NOT your having asked me this question, but because I should have tried it sooner. I tried a hard reset, and it worked. Don't know why I didn't go this route sooner; I think I did but didn't do it right. At any rate, the Audiovox is out of coma now and sitting up in the hospital bed, waiting for its first meal. (That is, an active-sync to see if I can get any data back onto it.)

Thanks for the advice...I should be able to get going now.