View Full Version : Windows Mobile 2005 beta and the XDA II

apprentice
04-22-2005, 05:11 PM
I have the WM2005 beta and a UK version of the XDA II. I know this beta is mean't to run on the XDA II but not sure if it is region/country specific.

Would be interested to know if anyone has successfully installed it on this device and would really like to know if I would be able to flash the ROM back to an earlier version if I change my mind.

Thanx in advance

Cam

Wiggster
04-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Where did you get a copy of WM2k5? I didn't know there was a legal way to get it, especially in a form where it's not on a device.

ADBrown
04-22-2005, 08:03 PM
There was a leaked copy of a WM2005 ROM for the original XDA, posted by a developer a little while back.

No, to my knowledge the 2005 beta will not work on the XDA II, period.

Paragon
04-22-2005, 08:08 PM
xda-developers is the place you want to go for info like that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

apprentice
04-22-2005, 08:47 PM
There was a leaked copy of a WM2005 ROM for the original XDA, posted by a developer a little while back.

No, to my knowledge the 2005 beta will not work on the XDA II, period.

I don't think this is correct. The one and only review I found of the beta version of WM2005 (Magneto) actually used a HTC hybrid of the XDAII (a QTEK or iMate) and where I obtained the ROM stated it was for the XDAII but no details of any regional differences.

I guess what I would like to know is can I roll back to a previous ROM.

<Will try http://forum.xda-developers.com also, thanks for that>

ADBrown
04-22-2005, 09:35 PM
I don't think this is correct.

Argh, you're right. I looked it up, and it's the XDA II. (Bangs head) My fault, sorry.

The one and only review I found of the beta version of WM2005 (Magneto) actually used a HTC hybrid of the XDAII (a QTEK or iMate)

If I haven't completely trashed my credibility with my brain crash, I should point out that the HTC model is the original, of which the XDA/QTEK/iMate are rebrandings of it.

Anyway, yes, you should be able to reflash to an earlier ROM.

Jason Dunn
04-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Careful guys...these forums should not be used to discuss warez, and that's exactly what that is: an illegally shared version of an unreleased OS. :?

apprentice
04-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Careful guys...these forums should not be used to discuss warez, and that's exactly what that is: an illegally shared version of an unreleased OS. :?

OK. I understand the administrators have a responsibility to protect themselves.

Well I got all the answers I needed from XDA-Developers forums including how to reset my device back to its glorious factory settings and completely LEGAL (boring) ROM. Thanks fellas for your responses, I guess I will have to wait for the upgrade officially released for my device.... oh wait a minute, that's not going to happen is it?

Hmmm.. no wonder warez is so popular!