View Full Version : Gmail on Pocketoutlook

humayunl
04-20-2005, 08:51 AM
I have some questions about Gmail POP setup on Pocket Outlook.

I have it setup and working. I can send/receive mail. But there's this annoying thing that happens which is that everytime i receive mail, all my sent mail also comes in the inbox as new mail. Any way I can disable this?

Second thing I noticed today, is that when i received mail, the mail I already had in the pocket outlook inbox from yesterday was automatically removed. I had no new Gmail so what happened after the Send/Receive was that my Pocket outlook inbox (which had a few mails from yesterday) was cleaned out and was empty. Is that normal? Where can I control this? what if I want to keep the mails in the inbox.

Third, can i setup pocket outlook to store my mailbox on an SD card? So far I can only see an option to store attachments on SD but not the entire mailbox.

And last, when I am at work, I am connected to my PC via Activesync (over bluetooth). But i can not send/receive in pocketoutlook because in the mailbox setup it is set to use a designated connection to send/receive (internet in this case). CanI activate passthru somehow to when connected via activesync, it can still send/receive?

I'll really appreciate if anyone can answer one or more of these .

Ck87.JF
05-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Much like the original poster, I have a working Gmail account in Pocket Outlook. Like humayunl, I can both send and receive mail just fine. ALSO like him/her :?:, my own mail comes into the inbox, and the next time I click send/receive mail, the mail in my inbox disappears - even the unread mail. It doesn't end up in the trash... but I don't know where it goes. To keep any mail I want to keep, I've set up a folder called "keep," but it's a pain in the butt to have to move stuff to the keep folder.

For now, until we find a solution for this, humayunl, I suggest you follow my steps, and create a "keep" folder, so you don't lose your mail - from Outlook, anyway.
Click Tools -> Manage folders, make sure "Inbox" is highlighted, and click New. Type in the name of the folder (such as "keep"), and click okay in the top right. Now, whenever you get mail you want to keep, in the inbox view, click and hold on the message, and then click "Move..." Click the plus next to the Inbox, select your keep folder, and click okay.

That ought to help you, at least for a little while.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to rectify, or at least clarify this situation?

xXAgentXx
06-23-2005, 05:20 AM
Thats weird, nah I got Gmail setup *kudos to Gmail* .... and Its working flawlessly...

If anyone wnats it ask one of us to reccomend you to it.

2 gigs of mail
pop + smtp access

FREEEEEEE

tommyd75
06-13-2006, 12:55 PM
What was the solution you found to this problem, I just set up my pocket pc with gmail and it works fine except for the problem where it downloads the messages one time and then they disappear the next time you send and recieve??

This sucks, I just told everyone to email me at gmail from now, but if this doesn't work correctly I'm going back to yahoo!!!!!