View Full Version : not so newbie..gone from hp jornada, then palm, then back to ipaq

lskyus
04-19-2005, 11:45 PM
hi there..

im not new per se, wanted to say hi, its been a long pocket pc trek for me..

i first sort of experienced the pocket pc when i bought my first pda some 4 years ago, i got one of them no color models with blue backlight with 8 meg of ram

it was fun for all of ten seconds and then set my sights on pocket pc of a better caliber.

being on a budget i bought the hp jornada 525, (4 years ago)

I then accidentally stepped on the screen ending its life, (anyway the color on it was not enough...)

i then got a hp 545, and it was better more color (not 65,000), but too heavy and wasnt really a pocket pc unless you wanted your shirt down by your arm..

so i then thought well how about a palm, i got a tj25 (dont laugh) and it had color, but no sound (it was given to me), it was new, but smaller and i thought well ill give it a go.

while it played games, the screen was too small and i hated reading ebooks on it..

so grudgingly i had my eyes on another one..

i ended up with an ipaq 3975 and im very happy, i only paid $200 for it and it is brand new, and has bluetooth and play movies, music and i feel i come home again, i miss the jornada but am happy for now with the ipaq.

i did look long and hard and decided on that one, because it had 64 meg of ram and the more expensive ones on ebay only had 16 or 32 (at the time).

but it really does the job, im now looking for my next pda (scrap the xda II, my friend has one and the battery life as a phone is just awful. (as a pda probably about 10 hours or less.

so i need as suggestion, im looking primarily for battery life above all else, so whats the next one i should be hunting for?

ive seen the rz ones and im not impressed, vga screen well i dunno, any advice would be appreciated..