View Full Version : Battery life on SX66?

mr_ding
04-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Hi,

I'm seriously considering buying SX66. Currently I'm using Sony Ericsson T637 + Dell Axim X30H.

I mostly use my PDA, I have my cellphone on all the time (for incoming calls mostly, I don't use up more than $10/month, so I'm on pay-as-you-go card with Canada Rogers AT&T).

I take I need SX66 to stay on in order for the phone to keep working (duh).

How long typically does the battery last in that type of scenario? I use PDA mostly for contacts, calendar,appointment,GPS map (mapopolis), & watch divx.

I like SX66 because:
1) It's quad band (850/900/1800/1900)
2) Built-in keyboard
3) BT/WiFi included

I can live without keyboard, as long as it's easy for me to dial out when using phone-feature on pda.

Any other PPC Phone recommendation?

axe
04-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Has Rogers released the phone yet? I just looked at the site and didn't see it. They used to have a seimens before, but now they only offer treos & Bberries.
I have been looking for a while now waiting for them to release a PPCPE without success. I would love for Rogers to brand one...

Curious

Chris Spera
04-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Your PPC Phone Edition device can have the PDA turned off without the Phone being off, so you don't have to have it all on all the time. The battery gives about 4 hours worth of talk time (on a really good charge) and about 3 days stand by time, if it truly does most of that time in stand by. If you use the device, you're probablly going to want to plug it in over night so that it has a fresh battery in the morning, especially if you have some sort of push e-mail package, like GoodLink or Smartnet Duality, installed.

Hope this helps!

mr_ding
04-19-2005, 07:26 PM
No, Rogers doesn't have it. I will be buying it probably from ebay.

Has Rogers released the phone yet? I just looked at the site and didn't see it. They used to have a seimens before, but now they only offer treos & Bberries.
I have been looking for a while now waiting for them to release a PPCPE without success. I would love for Rogers to brand one...

Curious

Dave Gummersheimer
04-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Hello:
I'd thought that I would add my own two cents worth and also say that I heard that PPC Techs are testing a longer life battery for the SX66 and should be available hopefully soon. Supposedly it will double the time for everything. I really like the phone and use it all the time. About the only think that it won't do is make me a sandwich :devilboy:

mr_ding
04-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Thx, I will try to bid on one now.

Just curious, how much is it in the States if I want to buy one from carrier (with no contract)?