View Full Version : Blue Angel (XDA-III, SX-66) backup issues and a EB case endorsement...

rdaprix
04-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey guys…

Well, I’ve really been enjoying the Blue Angel—I posted some tips on migrating from the PPCPE (XDA O-2) a couple of weeks ago, and so far so good.

I think this device is optimally functional—I love the inbuilt keyboard and I am digging the 802.11 b/g wireless broadband capability as the GPRS could be frustratingly slow for lengthy sessions.

Only one problem—every time I try to backup to the SD card, I get an error message at about 28%. The message is: “File sharing violation occurred! \programFiles\Goodlink/Goodlink \giffs\14.dat

Reset and try again. Pressing skip causes an incomplete backup.

OK, so, obviously I am using this device as my ‘blackberry’ with a goodlink license installed on it as well (I have four e-mail accounts on this bad boy)

What do you think is causing the giff.dat backup error? After I erase that file it finds another at about 50%. I would really feel better if I could do a full backup. I use the memory function in settings to make sure that no programs are running.

Oh—by the way—I just got the new EB slipper case for this device. It rocks—they do great work, and it’s worth every penny. The only design chage I would make to that case is a cutout over the LEDs on the front so we can see the device status, but given the size of those LEDs and the location on top instead of on the side, I see why that might be difficult to line up.

Any ideas on the backup issue? Thanks.