View Full Version : HP Repair Issues

jbachandouris
04-14-2005, 09:01 PM
:evil: I own an HP Pavillion laptop which had recently developed a fan noise. I decided to send it in for repair since I know that if the fan goes, the cpu and board may soon follow.

BTW the ID10Ts in India I chatted with said that there was nothing to worry about. Yeah right!

The laptop came back today (it was due back on Monday) and guess what? The American ID10T's in California decided not to do their job! The *%$ re-imaged my hard drive and sent it back! What a bunch of morons! I talked to my case manager (Canadian) and I sent it back today and may not see it again until Thursday of next week.

I'm done. As I told the case manager, I'm through with HP there actions have infuriated me to no end. I hope they are rewarded for their incompetance!!!

Mitch D
04-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Unfortunately HP apparently reimages all HDD's as soon as the laptop arrives in thier depot (As to why all I can think is they are a bunch of idiots although it more than likely has something to do with privacy laws and this is how HP has chosen to deal with said laws). As for the fan, well I guess that could simply come down to one person's definition of noisy verses another person's.

Just my two cents worth.

:evil: I own an HP Pavillion laptop which had recently developed a fan noise. I decided to send it in for repair since I know that if the fan goes, the cpu and board may soon follow.

BTW the ID10Ts in India I chatted with said that there was nothing to worry about. Yeah right!

The laptop came back today (it was due back on Monday) and guess what? The American ID10T's in California decided not to do their job! The *%$ re-imaged my hard drive and sent it back! What a bunch of morons! I talked to my case manager (Canadian) and I sent it back today and may not see it again until Thursday of next week.

I'm done. As I told the case manager, I'm through with HP there actions have infuriated me to no end. I hope they are rewarded for their incompetance!!!

jbachandouris
04-19-2005, 06:25 PM
:D I am VERY happy now. After sending the notebook in twice, they are going to replace it. Why? I sent it in a 2nd time and the technician decided to replace the fan only. The tech did not replace the keyboard and touchpad, which he(she) was asked to BOTH times.

The result...an upgrade!

old: new:
P4 3Ghz/w H/T P4 3.2 Ghz w/ H/T
512 MB ram 1GB ram
shared video memory 128MB memory not shared
DVD/CDRW combo DVDR+/CDRW combo
'normal' screen New Superbright HiDef screen

The only thing I 'lose' is the floppy! :D

jbachandouris
04-29-2005, 04:51 PM
:D :D I'm even happier now! The refurb they sent me had a scratch, so they sent me another. On the second refurb, there was a gap when the DVD closed, so they are going to send me a NEW unit.

The new unit will have a 17" screen instead of a 15.4" and this machine will use DDR2. The processor is also a 3.2Ghz, but with a faster front bus speed. It will also have a DVD R+-. Also has WiFi, Bluetooth, and infrared. The downside, lousy battery life and they have to 'build it' so I have to wait. I hate suspense! I can hardly wait. Nothing like getting an $1900 laptop to replace and $1100. one!