View Full Version : HP IPAQ 5455, Dell Axim x50v, Siemens SX66

justinpdavis
04-14-2005, 02:31 PM
I have each of the listed PPC (well I am getting the Siemens Fedex today) and am having a hard time deciding which one to keep. I sure dont need all three. However, I love the HP, have had the Dell for about 1 week and like it and can't wait for the Siemens. There are things I like about each one. Any thoughts on each unit pros and cons?

surur
04-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Thats a very disparate collection of pocketpc's.

The one to keep will depends on your needs and intended usage, e.g. if you use your device a lot to watch movies you keep the dell, as its dual slot and has a good video accelerator and screen. If you cant live without M then obviously the dell is out. One of them is a phone edition device, and if you want convergence thats obviously the one to keep. All in all the older unit is probably the one to get rid off, as you are losing value each day, and upgrades wont be available for it. On the other hand, its the only one with finder print reader, so if you keep sensitive documents then this may be essential.

You are going to have to provide some more information.

Surur

justinpdavis
04-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Each device really has a complelling reason to keep it. I might keep two but i don't see keeping three. I think that the Siemens will be my primary unit with the Dell as a backup. I really love the hp with the expansion sleeves. I have four expansion sleves for it.

Chris Spera
04-14-2005, 03:23 PM
You're almost comparing apples to oranges when you throw in the SX66... Between the 5455 (had one for more than a year) and the x50v (want one for the VGA screen), I'd have to go with the x50v.

Its faster, has dual memory card slots (without using a sleeve), and has a beautiful VGA screen.

The SX66 is one of, if not the best model (HTC Blue Angel) of PPC Phone on the market today. If you don't already have a cell phone, then its going to be hard to choose between teh x50v and the SX66. In the end, its going to come down to specs. Power and screen vs. converged device. I've got a PDA2k (also an HTC Blue Angel), and don't want a non-converged device for my daily driver.

justinpdavis
04-14-2005, 03:39 PM
I relize how different each device is and its hard to compare them. I have a Sony Erricson t68i phone (att) that i use the bluetooth for to get internet access on the Dell and HP. My goal is to cary one device and i think that the Siemens will do that for me. I really love the Dell screen. I was flying last week and use the HP with a sandisk 1gb sd card to watch 4 movies on the flight with two battereis i have for the hp.

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess that i have a hard time letting go of a good device. I have trading off features to converge on one device.

Mona13
04-15-2005, 12:34 AM
I have had the 5455 and the 5555 and my Dell x50v is more stable than either one of them. I haven't noticed that battery life is shorter, with what I do, but I have a spare just in case. Actually I have two spares.

After my last experience with HP, I probably won't be buying any more, but I guess I shouldn't say that, I have a hard time resisting the "latest & greatest". But I do love my Dell. I'll probably have it for longer than I've had any other one.

Mona13

justinpdavis
04-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Well I just got the Siemens SX66 from Cingular. Works really good. Just trying to come up with the best utilities for it. I am very unhappy with the pouch case it came with and am looking for somthing like this:

http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?no=3301

I like the flip cases that close magnetic and dont have that little flap you have to snap. Any suggestions for another case like this please let me know!

MitchellO
04-22-2005, 12:40 PM
That case doesn't seem to let you use the keyboard while in the case. I definately wouldn't get a case for a pda that had a keyboard that didn't let you use it.

Ditch the 5455. too old, and the other two do almost everything it does better, except for maybe a pcmcia sleeve.

It is such a shame the SX66 (aka HTC Blue Angel) doesn't have VGA :cry: :cry: It would be perfect then!!!