View Full Version : Axim won't un-mute with PI Alarm Notes. Is there an app to take ppc off of mute?

zarxic
04-13-2005, 08:59 PM
I would like my PocketPC to take itself off of mute when I have a Pocket Informant Alarm Note go off. I have SPB Pocket Plus and it does take my axim off mute when I have an alarm associated with a task or the clock, but not with alarm notes. It doesn't un-mute for a PhatPad reminder either.

I would really like to be able to keep my device muted but still be notified of alarms. This, I hate to say, is something that Palm always did well. I NEVER missed an alarm when I was carrying around the T3 I had for awhile. It might have been the only thing it did well. I also liked the vibrating battery, but that's another post all together. :wink:

So...if anyone can think of a way that this can be done, that would be great! I wish the app meeting mute had this function built into it, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!

ctmagnus
04-14-2005, 06:31 AM
Two suggestions:

1) alarmToday at www.pocketmax.net

2) Google for an application called MeetingMute

Tye
04-14-2005, 07:34 AM
zarxic,
I'm just curious why you want it on mute all the time. You can pretty much turn off all the system sounds anyway without muting the whole system. Then your alarms would sound when they should.
I understand not wanting lots of extra sounds, that's the way that I set up mine--no sound except for the alarms. Seems to work fine.

zarxic
04-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Two suggestions:

Awesome, alarmToday was exactly what I was looking for, even more so even. I had mentioned Meeting Mute before, but it didn't quite seem to have that mute wake up function that I wanted.

Tye, I'm not really sure why I like it on mute, just something I've always done. I work at an internet help desk and usually have my ppc sitting on my desk, and the escalating alarm sound is great, because I can hear it and notice whatever alarm is there without it blasting so loud my customer asks me what it is :D

Thanks again!

Tye
04-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Two suggestions:

Awesome, alarmToday was exactly what I was looking for, even more so even. I had mentioned Meeting Mute before, but it didn't quite seem to have that mute wake up function that I wanted.

Tye, I'm not really sure why I like it on mute, just something I've always done. I work at an internet help desk and usually have my ppc sitting on my desk, and the escalating alarm sound is great, because I can hear it and notice whatever alarm is there without it blasting so loud my customer asks me what it is :D

Thanks again!

Makes sense. Before I knew about software for ascending alarms, I created my own ascending WAV for exactly what you describe. Customers kept asking why my pocket was making noises. :)