View Full Version : RAM Upgrade on Ipaq 4155

myrampar
04-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Hello all,

I am hoping to get some feedback from those of you who have done the Pocket PC Tech upgrade from 64MB to 128MB on your Ipaq 4155.

Was there a noticeable difference in performance?

I can't decide if I should save my money and just wait for the new batch of PDA's that are coming out with the next version of Windows Mobile or perform the RAM upgrade.

One reason I am contemplating this upgrade is because I have noticed that when I use Wifi and my Think Outside bluetooth mouse at the same time, it takes in the neighborhood of 20 seconds before the mouse is useable.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

yankeejeep
04-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Something that the RAM upgrade will not help with is the preset limit on memory space available for system resources (where both the wifi and bluetooth drivers get loaded). So you may very well see no change in your mouse loading issue with the RAM upgrade. One thing you may want to try is disabling any bluetooth services that you do not use so that fewer load when you startup bluetooth. This is typically done through your bluetooth manager and may make the mouse available more quickly since unused overhead is not getting loaded. When you start bluetooth, all services are loaded; they are not loaded individually as called for by device connections.

The system resource limit is an OS limitation and only time will tell whether this is addressed in WM2005.