View Full Version : HP BT Stereo Headphones

Sven Johannsen
04-10-2005, 08:13 PM
This could go in Chat, or Wireless, or even tacked on to the existing thread about these, but thought I'd post here. Apologies if this is old news, but I didn't see it specifically. The issue was that the BT Headphones didn't work quite right with MP10 on the PPC. The Play/Pause and Skip Forward/Back didn't work. Not a big problem for many as there were darned few MP10 devices that HP provided drivers for in the first place. Wasn't a problem for me until I upgraded my rx3715 to MP10 (yea, HP). I posed the issue to their tech support, about how their upgrade broke their headphones. They indicated they would be addressing it. Since then other have found ways to make some things work, messing with registry settings, custom skins, etc. Seems that HP has finally fixed it, sort of. I got from them this e-mail.
Dear HP Customer,

Thank you for contacting HP eServices.

This is with reference to email regarding the problems and quirks with the new HP Bluetooth Headset.

On your handheld rx3715 with Pocket Media Player 10, if the forward, back and play/pause buttons on the headset do not work (+- volume buttons works fine), please download the updated drivers which does include Media Player 10 support. The headset drivers were designed with Media Player 9.

Please note that currently the driver is not linked to the rx3000 download pages; you can find it on the h5555 HP download page though:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/handheldiPAQ/us/download/22475.html

Please e-mail us if you need any clarification and we will be glad to help.

Thank you,

HP eServices

I loaded it on my rx3715, and by golly all the buttons on the HP BT Headphones now work.

Interestingly enough I also loaded it on my Dell X50v, got the Advanced Audio profile in BT Manager, paired the headphones and it works fine too.

I haven't investigated if there were any ill (or good) effects on other BT connections/profiles, so take this at your own risk and YMMV, and whatever other disclaimers might be appropriate.

Incidentally, even though the install files indicate BT ver 1.6.0 Build 0700, the about screen on both the rx3715 and Dell say V1.5.0 B 2600. I do have new features and features that actually work now, so there must have been some upgrade.

Paragon
04-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Hey, thanks Sven. I'm loading this on my x50v now. If it goes to hell in a handbacket I'll be in contact. :-)

Thanks Sven...nice going.

BUMP THAT
04-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Where can I see a pic of the headphones. I want to get one for my HP 4700. :)

Paragon
04-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Where can I see a pic of the headphones. I want to get one for my HP 4700. :)

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?&product_code=FA303A%23AC3

MRNUTTY
09-03-2005, 02:21 AM
my HP bluetooth headphones have been wroking practically constantly for a wouple of week now since i bought them. but now inxplicabley they don't seem to work at all off the charger, i had run the pattery bown to zippo, but the recharged light is off. what i guess is the reset bwitch doent't seem effect the promblow.

any ideas?

Sven Johannsen
09-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Give HP support a call. My first set came with the down volume not working. Since that is the only way to lower the volume it was a bit annoying. Called tech support and they got another set out to me, and had me return the defective ones.

MRNUTTY
09-23-2005, 12:13 AM
well, HP replaced my BT stereo headphones 3 times for a grand total of four headphones. 2 died inside 1 week of daily indoor office wear, 2 were DOA with funny little 'not trash' stickers on 'em hmmmm......

pass these lemons on! and poo on HP for really crappy phone support on this model.

i'm going back to wired audio.

johnm
10-26-2005, 09:02 AM
They are also notorious for having the headband crack and lose its 'spring'. Mine busted after 2 months of normal use, and forget trying to get through hp tech support. I ended up having to hack up a pair of regular headphones and attach the band to my hp phones with tie wraps to give it support. It looks completely lame.