View Full Version : Why does the Jornada series look different in terms of windows ce

chees
04-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Can any body tell me why windows CE looks like a desktop computer on those HP jornada PPCs with the keyboard? Is there a way I can make my casio cassiopeia (E-115) look like that? It would be alot easier to navigate around it that way.

Sven Johannsen
04-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Because Handheld PCs, which the keyboarded ones are, run WindowsCE Handheld Edition, the last of which was 2002 IIRC, and Pocket PCs run Windows CE for PPC, or lately Windows Mobile for PPC (or PPC Phone Edition, or Smartphone).

It is a completely different UI on top of the underlying OS for the various platforms. You certainly can't install the handheld GUI on your E115, though there may have been some third party 'skins' that would make it appear more like a windows desktop. Two important points are 'may have been', since your Casio is fairly old at this point, and 'appear' as it would just be cosmetic.

You could look at the major software distributers, Handango and Pocketgear, to see if something still exists, keeping in mind you have a MIPS processor, not the current ARM compatible standard.