View Full Version : Is Spb software support non-existant?

Sooner Magic
04-07-2005, 05:53 PM
I downloaded a trial of Spb Pocket Plus, but had some challenges with the display. Searched their website for solutions which did not apply. Submitted a request to them via their website on 3/30. No response. Then sent a follow-up request on 4/5. Still no response.

They may have great products, but if this is indicative of their support, I will look elsewhere for my purchases. :?

Have others had similar experiences with Spb?

Don't Panic!
04-07-2005, 07:00 PM
I don't think companies routinely support trial versions...

I've bought several of their products and support has been fine. Actually if anything I'm supporting them by reporting what few bugs I find.

chasmanor
04-07-2005, 08:25 PM
I agree with Bobby. I have had very good service/response from SPB. Love their products.

Sooner Magic
04-07-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm glad to hear that others have had good support, although I have to wonder about the logic of not supporting a trial version. Assuming (I know, it's a bad thing to do) that the trial verison functions in the same manner as the full version, wouldn't the purpose of the trial be to "try out" the software? If I can't get the trial to work correctly, what would entice me to make a purchase just to get the issue resolved.

I'm not wanting to bash Spb, but if they truly don't support trial versions, then I would suspect that purchase opportunities would suffer. Seems like a poor business decision.

Jacob
04-07-2005, 09:22 PM
They should support trial versions - those are the people who might just buy their product if treated right.

That said, I've had both kinds of experiences. I've had support requests that I have still, after months, still haven't gotten a reply to and I've had some where I got a reply within a couple days.

Try submitting the issue again if you want.

Jason Dunn
04-08-2005, 04:35 AM
I'll let them know you're unhappy. :wink:

Sooner Magic
04-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the support Jason.

I have been able to create the same functionality with some freeware programs....and they take up less space!

So it is a blessing in disguise! :)

Still amazed at a business model which wouldn't support trial versions.

socrates63
04-09-2005, 06:14 AM
Still amazed at a business model which wouldn't support trial versions.
Just to clear... I don't think Bobby is saying that Spb has a policy of not supporting its trial versions. He's simply making a generalization which may or may not apply to Spb.

My experience with Spb support has been limited to making feature suggestions. An Spb rep always sent me a reply in a day or two.

In any case, yes, I agree that it would be ludicrous if support is not given to prospective customers. That doesn't make much business or marketing sense.

BUMP THAT
04-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Maybe they expect everyone to fix everything with the FAQ. I have noticed some, DEVS take forever to reply. When people need support for my stuff. I email them next day or sooner, right when I get the email. Unless it got stuck in my junk. :)