View Full Version : Establish partnership through wireless

chees
04-07-2005, 01:59 AM
I recently got a casio PDA (e-115) with a linksys wireless card. Tha PDA I got unfortunately did not come with any sync cables and any for that PDA are hard to find, so I bought the wireless card. I have been installing applications through CF card with CAB files on them. Is there any possible way at all I can establish my partnership between the PDA and the computer without the cable? Please help!

surur
04-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Some-one might offer a trick, but in general MS made it impossible to establish an ActiveSync partnership for the first time wirelessly, due to security reasons.

Surur

jag
04-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Hello:

Where are you from? Radio Shack used to sell a combination USB cable/power supply for the Casio E-125 (Radio Shack Cat. No. 25-962), which I am certainly sure works on the Casio E-115. I have used this on both a Casio BE-300 and an E-200.
Maybe they still have them on clearance. Also the Casio site maybe still have the cable in existence. :?:
As another resort, I sold my units but still have the Radio Shack cable, so if you want it, I can sell it to you for a very low price and shipping. :D
I have read that you cannot establish a wireless partnership until you establish a partnership via cable. Contact me if you are interested.
Good Luck! :mrgreen:

chees
04-16-2005, 06:17 PM
I got a cable but all it will do for the e-115 is charge it. Somebody has got to know some way to help me out! :(

OSUKid7
04-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Hmm, this is totally un-tested, but I exported the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Partners\<8-digit hex #> registry key, and edited it to create a "Test Pocket PC," imported that, and it shows up in ActiveSync (without a restart or anything). I just gave it a random 8-digit hex number, and didn't change most of the other settings, so I have no idea if that would work or not. Let me know if you want the .reg file, but I would guess you'll have to change some stuff in the file before importing to your registry.

chees
04-16-2005, 11:37 PM
I imported the registry but I'm still having problems. When I try to open connection settings it wants me to connect my pocketPC right away and will not allow me to get to the menu to allow connectivety through ethernet to the PC. Also, in the PPC I don't know how to get it to try to access a the new PC through wireless, it only gives me the choice of the old PC. But on the new PC it does show my PPC as an established partnership.