View Full Version : auto gordian knot question

zilla31
04-06-2005, 11:24 PM
ok i'm ripping a 120mb 24min cartoon (samurai jack). i took it down to a preset 75 mb in AGK and it's fine quality on the x50v but the audio is real loud and too impressive :)

i want to lower the audio a bit to save space. if i go into AGK advanced settings i can choose VBR mp3 or CBR mp3 (then 128 is the default). which should i choose and how much should i lower the value? 96?

question 2: once i choose one and lower the value, how do i know how much (approx obviously) that i can lower the "target" mb too? by 5 mb? 10?

THANKS!!

zilla31
04-07-2005, 12:46 PM
ok no takers on those questions how about this one for AGK?

i ripped my samurai jack (cartoon) season one DVD (no problems here), then when i tried to put episode one (24 mins) through AGK w/ a target size of 75 mb it came out at 96mb (avi file), tried again w/ a target of 50 (thinking maybe this would get me near my 75 target), and this time it came out at 67 with the audio about 5 seconds off (behind) the video. is this audio out of sync a common problem?? ps i'm using the very latest AGK.

pivaska
04-07-2005, 05:01 PM
This is why I use DVD to PocketPC. Slap the DVD in, go through a couple of steps and go to bed for the night. It will be done in the morning the right way without all of the problems at AGK can give you. It is a couple of bucks but you would have already have had your movies on your PDA and I wouldn't hvae been writing this to you. There is a trial version but it only does about 10 min of movie.

zilla31
04-07-2005, 05:04 PM
well another issue i have is that i have most of my movies already on a hard drive (because of DVD decrypter), so don't really need to go from DVD --> PPC, just .avi file --> PPC.

pivaska
04-07-2005, 05:10 PM
It will convert your presetn avi files for you. On the home page of PPT there is a box for the top 10 software progs and it is in there . Click on it and read down towards the bottom. Still just down load the trial and give it a shot.

zilla31
04-07-2005, 05:21 PM
yeah i may try it but i really do like AGK. i wonder if anyone out there is also using it that can help me w/ my questions though before i give up and try a new program!