View Full Version : Aftermarket digitizers...

discordian
04-05-2005, 04:51 PM
my digitizer is pretty scuffed up. I see people selling replacements on eBay - aftermarket units.

are these any good?

Is it an easy replacement?

powder2000
04-06-2005, 12:26 AM
First off, which pocket pc are you talking about? I see your sig. say ipaq 3955. Finding a replacement digitizer for ipaqs is the easiest of all ppc's since they are so common. There are a few companies that will do this for you or you could do it yourself. I would get a quote from ppctechs.com. I have had work done their and always recommend them. It might put you out $100, but that's just a guess. You could always do it yourself, of course this would be difficult since the digitizer is held to the lcd with adhesive and it would be really easy to get dust, etc. in the middle.

discordian
04-06-2005, 02:42 AM
First off, which pocket pc are you talking about? I see your sig. say ipaq 3955. Finding a replacement digitizer for ipaqs is the easiest of all ppc's since they are so common. There are a few companies that will do this for you or you could do it yourself. I would get a quote from ppctechs.com. I have had work done their and always recommend them. It might put you out $100, but that's just a guess. You could always do it yourself, of course this would be difficult since the digitizer is held to the lcd with adhesive and it would be really easy to get dust, etc. in the middle.

yes - 3955... and this is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for, thank you.
I was unaware that there was adhesive between the digitizer and LCD.

Jon Westfall
04-06-2005, 04:21 AM
My guess is after you put all the time and effort in, as well as the money for the part / tools (if needed), you'd be happier going with a third-party t do this replacement. I've never heard anything bad about ppctech's services.