View Full Version : Happy April Fool's!

Janak Parekh
04-01-2005, 09:24 PM
I hope you enjoyed the humor this morning, and a big thanks to Jon and Darius, who actually had the energy this week to come up with a few delectable posts. :)<br /><br />All further news today and this weekend will be "real", and we've tagged the April Fool's articles, so there should be no confusion (it was kind of funny, and unusual, to notice that PI 2005 did indeed come out this AM).<br /><br />Anyway, let's end this with a poll -- what was your favorite April Fool's entry?

gorkon280
04-01-2005, 09:42 PM
It's amazing how much work I got done avoiding PPCT, Slashdot and others since there was nothing worth reading today. Of the April Fools I liked best are the ones like Gmail last year that turn out to be real. Last year everyone thought Google was joking when they announced Gmail and now it looks like they are going to increase the 1 GB to 2 GB! Anyway, the Energy Bar was the best one because I bet that you COULD get a candy bar or something like this with the PPCT Logo on it. Anyway, I am so glad tomorrow is April 2nd.

OSUKid7
04-01-2005, 09:58 PM
So wait, Pocket Informant 2005 Released (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?action=expand,38919&amp;/pocket_informant_2005_released.htm) wasn't an April Fool's Day joke? 8O ;)

Deus
04-01-2005, 10:18 PM
This year was a little corny :?

JackTheTripper
04-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Here's a board that did a nice job...

http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/index.php?styleid=4

screen print for when they fix it...

They turned their whole site on end. (http://www.biocow.com/up-down.gif)

Rod3
04-01-2005, 11:21 PM
I thought the iPoc was great! Laughed myself into oblivion. :lol:

paschott
04-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Actually, the best posts I saw were some coordinated (or perhaps coincidental) posts on SSWUG and SQLServerCentral detailing the availability of SQL Server for Linux. There were an awful lot of disappointed people once they realized it was a joke.

-Pete

Kursplat
04-01-2005, 11:58 PM
I loved the iPoc story. I especially liked Cubed's comment to the story. Gotta get me one of those iPoc Mini's!

lkawamot
04-02-2005, 12:07 AM
...I totally fell for the iPoc story... dang it! You guys got my hopes up and all... I still love my Newton and was seriously thinking that I can be rid of the annoyances of my iPAQ... *sigh*... only to find out it was an April Fools joke.

Darius Wey
04-02-2005, 02:23 AM
Gotta get me one of those iPoc Mini's!

You mean the iPoc Shuffle? ;)

Kowalski
04-02-2005, 08:30 AM
none of them was funny, in fact the falling CF card story was no joke!
my vote goes to: i hate you guys :!:

stevelam
04-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Get over it Kowalski just because you fell for it like the rest of us. :lol:
Never ever try to search for rumors on April 1st. THE worst day of the year for it 0X

bjornkeizers
04-02-2005, 01:54 PM
It's amazing how much work I got done avoiding PPCT, Slashdot and others since there was nothing worth reading today

This year was a little corny

none of them was funny, in fact the falling CF card story was no joke!
my vote goes to: i hate you guys

My thoughts exactly. Almost every site i visited had ****ty jokes instead of good content - even my favorite stations were doing it. One good joke is fine, but half a dozen terrible ones instead of any content whatsoever is a bit much.

Rob Alexander
04-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Everybody's a critic! :) Of the Thoughts ones, I most enjoyed the iCrunch one over at Digital Media Thoughts.

maximus
04-02-2005, 06:34 PM
I hope you enjoyed the humor this morning, and a big thanks to Jon and Darius, who actually had the energy this week to come up with a few delectable posts. :)

Hmm those two have too much energy .... I always wonder how big is their battery pack +) ... mush be an extended 3400 mAH fuel cell battery =)

Janak Parekh
04-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Hmm those two have too much energy .... I always wonder how big is their battery pack +) ... mush be an extended 3400 mAH fuel cell battery =)
Exactly what I was thinking. :P I'm just a puny 900mAh.

--janak

Darius Wey
04-03-2005, 03:28 AM
Being a Toshiba Super-Charge Battery (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?action=expand,38865) would be nice - an instant energy boost in the shortest amount of time. The power to go on and on and on and...

:sleeping:

Jonathon Watkins
04-05-2005, 10:22 PM
The power to go on and on and on and...

You already do! :lol:

(In a nice way). :wink: