View Full Version : Many Outlook contacts not synchronizing with Pocket PC. Suggestions??

Scott716
04-01-2005, 03:59 PM
I use Outlook 2003 and am synchronizing it through the most recent version of ActiveSync with my Pocket PC. But about third of my contacts in Outlook never make it onto the Pocket PC's address book. There is no reason or rhyme to the contacts that are stuck in Outlook. Some have categories selected, others do not. Some have notes attached, others do not.

Any suggestions? There's nothing like needing to look up a contact in the field, and finding that it isn't on the Pocket PC !!

Jason Dunn
04-01-2005, 09:42 PM
I can't explain why it's happening, but give this a try:

1) Soft reset your Pocket PC
2) Connect it
3) In Outlook, create another contacts folder and move all the contact into that folder
4) That should effectively purge your Pocket PC
5) Soft reset the Pocket PC then connect again
6) Move the contact in Outlook back into the main Contacts folder

See if that works - you may also want to try running scanpst.exe (search your hard drive for it) because there's a chance there are some corrupt contact entries that are messing up the sync.

Perk
04-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Just a thought, but go to Contacts in your PPC, then tap the top left text below the windows icon. A drop down menu should apear. Make sure it's set to "All Contacts".

Mike