View Full Version : Pocket Informant 2005 is available!

iant54
04-01-2005, 09:04 AM
It's available from both the Pocket Informant website and Handango.

firefoxrocks
04-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Agenda Fusion 7.10 is way better in my opinion

dochall
04-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Agenda Fusion 7.10 is way better in my opinion

Each to their own. I tried AF but just couldn't get on with it at all. THis could be because I'm a long term PI user but I just did not like it.

The great thing is that the Ppc community has two outstanding PIM replacements which also get very active support and seem to continually push each other to get better.

apprentice
04-20-2005, 11:13 PM
I have been using and upgrading Pocket Informant since version 2. I recently installed version 2 on an old ipaq for a laugh and it was testimony to how far this application has come.

On installing the latest 2005 version I have to say first; it looks so much better, polished and professional, fantastic.

But... it has become bloatware. This is picked up by the way it now slows down my XDA II with crawling screen refreshing.

I know that WebIS developers have to come up with something new to keep the money coming in but you just cannot improve this application any more without making it too demanding on your resources.

cooldude1015
04-21-2005, 03:36 AM
Pocket Informant should be burned.... I have the hx4700 series PDA and it turns out I CAN'T get an upgrade w/o coughing up the goods.... :bad-words:

Kowalski
04-21-2005, 07:39 AM
PI, what a fantastic tool!
my day starts with PI and ends with PI, yes this is not a joke.
when i get up in the morning, i start to plan the day right away and when i go to bed i fire up PI again and see how much work i have done in one day and whats left to tomorrow

emuelle1
04-21-2005, 12:00 PM
I bought Ulti-Planner from Birdsoft last year. At Christmas they had an offer for $5, so I bit. They claim that they'll never charge you for an upgrade. I'm not sure how long they'll be able to honor that, but I figured I had nothing to lose. The software is kind of "ground floor", but they offer a forum to discuss issues and solicit input from their users on how to make it better.

http://www.birdsoft.biz/upmain.htm

i_spock
04-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Darn WebIS! I thought I'd skate by this year and not upgrade to the latest version. I've actually gone back to using the native apps for calendar and todo- I really like how quickly they open. But after reading this thread I went and downloaded the 2005 version, and DOH! looks like I'll be upgrading again this year. 2005 looks GREAT on my VGA device.

apprentice
04-24-2005, 10:56 AM
I have recently performed a hard reset and re-installed all my apps including Pocket Informant 2005. All the problems I was having with PI2005 seem to have vanished. It runs as quick as ever and I am once again very impressed with this PIM.

My above comments are partially retracted regarding the sluggish behaviour of the graphics where it seems to have been caused by something else that was there before the reset.

I do still believe however that you cannot really improve this app any more... It is perfect really. WebIS are going to find it hard to come up with new stuff.

AximMeister
04-29-2005, 08:57 AM
PI is the best program on earth. Well worth the upg IMHO.