View Full Version : T-Mobile Hot Spot Not Connecting

ntractv
03-31-2005, 06:04 PM
All of a sudden my iPAQ 5555 will not connect to the T-Mobile network in the DC area at any of their locations. I talked to a representative a few weeks ago and she stated that they were aware of a glitch, but, it was being resolved. Talked to representative today and was advised that everything is working fine. Could it be my PDA? Any suggestions rather than backing up and doing a hard re-set to see? It seems to pick up other Wi-Fi spots.

ntractv
03-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Well, I did a hard re-set and and I could connect bare bones out the box. Did a restore and back to the same problem. Any suggestions welcome.

disconnected
03-31-2005, 09:25 PM
I don't know if it's the same thing, but I had a similar problem when I first got my 5555, and it turned out to be caused by an old version of Zagat I installed that was incompatible with WM2003. Free hotspots worked fine, but not paid ones -- in fact I couldn't get to any secure (https) sites. I hard reset and installed all my apps one by one, testing after each. Once I identified that it was Zagat, I tried just uninstalling it, but that didn't fix the problem -- had to hard reset and reinstall everything again. I still have no idea why Zagat would cause this problem (there is a later version that works fine), or if there are any other apps with the same "feature".

ntractv
04-01-2005, 12:31 AM
I am at the same point now. Did a hard reset and installed everything one by one. I guess I'll see in the morning. Didn't have Zagats on my device so I am not sure what the problem would have been.