View Full Version : View Todays Posts

Don't Panic!
03-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Would it be possible to add View today's posts to the list when you enter the forum index. Currently you have the options to View posts since last visit, View your posts and View unanswered posts.

I followed a google link to a thread about PHM earlier today and when I came to the site to actually look at the news and forums all I could get in the forums was 2 threads since my last visit. I really feel like I may have missed alot because I can't imagine only two threads being started since 5:00 PM EST yesterday. I know we used to have that option here. How about it Jason, is it doable?

disconnected
03-31-2005, 09:54 PM
There is at least a workaround. You can do a search for all posts in the past day, leaving the keyword blank and putting an asterisk in the author field.

Islanti
03-31-2005, 10:01 PM
If you log out and log back in without checking the "remember me" box, you'll never have this problem again I've found. Of course, you'll have to log in each time manually....

Don't Panic!
03-31-2005, 10:05 PM
There is at least a workaround. You can do a search for all posts in the past day, leaving the keyword blank and putting an asterisk in the author field.I like that. That should do it.

But just out of curiousity why was View todays posts removed?

Janak Parekh
04-01-2005, 01:36 AM
But just out of curiousity why was View todays posts removed?
Because it was never there, as far as I know. ;) PPCT was always based on phpBB, which has never had the function. I just checked one of my own webboards and it's not there either.

Incidentally, the way New Posts gets screwed up is primarily if you establish a phpBB session (via a link, via a post, via browsing a thread) and then closing and reopening the browser in a short time. Logging out is one way of avoiding it; avoiding quick close/reopen of browsers is another; and, of course, the author workaround is really the best if you need to see the last day. I can't wait for the day when we upgrade forum engines... :)

--janak