View Full Version : Has something changed with Read New Posts?

karen
03-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Lately when I click on a link, via an e-mail blast, I can read the discussion and participate. But when I go to New Posts, I can only see one or two very recent posts.

It's as if whatever you are using to track what has been read is getting reset. I don't know for sure that it is because I came here via an e-mail link; it's just how I've been participating recently.

Any ideas?

Jon Westfall
03-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Yea, it seems when coming here from an Email Blast the "New Posts" option gets killed. I'm not sure why. I'm using Outlook 2003 and IE 6 - Anyone not have this happen to them (i.e. is this server side or client side).

buzzard
03-29-2005, 06:09 PM
I'll take a shot at an answer....whenever I follow a link to a forum website but still have that site's cookie on my PC or PPC from earlier in the day or weeks ago, I'm automatically logged in. That establishes your most recent review of new messages (whether you read any posts doesn't matter). When you come back later and go to view new post, there have only been a couple submitted since your earlier link connection.

karen
03-29-2005, 06:25 PM
Yeah, and that's how I'd expect it to work.

I'm not coming back later, but reading and sometimes participating in the topic from the e-mail, then immediately going to New Posts to see what else has been happening.

So it seems to be reset upon entering, not entering and leaving and reentering.

K

Kati Compton
03-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Whenever I get a PPCT link (email, IM, etc), I go to the PPCT front page first, THEN click the link.

Otherwise it seems to start a new session and set my "last visit" to the current time.

karen
03-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Kati -

That's a decent workaround. But I wonder what changed to make it work this way?

Kati Compton
03-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Kati -

That's a decent workaround. But I wonder what changed to make it work this way?

It's been that way for a loooong time for me. It's a problem with phpBB AFAIK. It's a big moderator complaint. "Hey - check out this post." "Argh!"