View Full Version : Ipaq battery level issue

churwitz
03-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi there

I have an Ipaq 2214 and whenever I charge the battery, it only seems to charge to 42%. When I first bought it, it recharged fully, then it started charging to only 63%, though sometimes when I soft reset it after a charge, it shows 100%. Now it seems to be stuck at 42%.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Menneisyys
03-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi there

I have an Ipaq 2214 and whenever I charge the battery, it only seems to charge to 42%. When I first bought it, it recharged fully, then it started charging to only 63%, though sometimes when I soft reset it after a charge, it shows 100%. Now it seems to be stuck at 42%.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The 2215 is quite new, so, I don't think it's the aging battery (but it MAY be), except if you use a HardCE battery instead of the original HP battery (HardCE batteries are VERY unreliable - two of them died on me!).

Is it shown by the built-in system battery level, or by a third-party one?

Also, did you test the battery life? With not running anything particular, the screen at minimal brightness, is it able to work for some 8 hours? If yes, then your batteyr is perfectly normal and you can safely ignore what the battery meter shows.