View Full Version : BOXWAVE SERVICE PROBLEMS

wayneparrish
03-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Hello, Just wandered if I was the only one that couldn't get a response from BOXWAVE ? I haved e-mailed them several times and over about a week with NO RETURN S !! I have a problem with their Versa Charger or the Mini Sync retactable cable because the unit won't charge or sync.Also don't you find it sort of unnerving that there is NO PHONE contact numbers ? I think this will be my last dealing with anyone that I can't call by phone. Thanks fro your help. Wayne Parrish

Jason Dunn
03-28-2005, 07:23 PM
I had a similar problem with their VersaCharger and a sync/charge cable - it wouldn't recharge the phone. What device are you using this with?

wayneparrish
03-28-2005, 11:14 PM
I finally got a call back thoday from them and the don't want to do anything for me since its past the 100 day period ,even though i just found out its bad and they know they have a problem with the thing. OH WELL, I know NOT to buy from them again !! Wayne

Pugnax
03-28-2005, 11:30 PM
BoxWave:

Mailing Address:
BoxWave
227 Bellevue Way N.E., #558
Bellevue, WA 98004
United States of America

Also showing up as:
BoxWave Corporation
1003 7th Ave
Kirkland, WA 98033 - 5779

Phone: (425) 828-6641
Fax: (425) 828-6648

State of Washington Business License Number: 602238972
Address listed on thier license:
227 Bellevue Way NE, PMB 558 <-- Notice the "Personal Mailbox part"
Bellevue, WA. 98004
Account Opened 10/1/2002

To file a complaint against them:
http://www.atg.wa.gov/consumer/complain.shtml

Phillip Dyson
03-29-2005, 02:49 AM
I had a problem with one of their retractible chargers. I don't think it was defective. But after a short amount of time some of the pins inside the connector broke.

Perhaps you should check to see if all the pins are there.

wayneparrish
03-29-2005, 02:55 AM
Boxwave is sending a regular "direct cord" at a discount ,so we will see if the Mini Sync is the problem after all. Thanks for everyones feedback. It appears that the lack of return of my e-mails to them was possibly just bad timing . Wayne

wayneparrish
04-01-2005, 03:44 AM
Well, I received a direct cord from B-Wave today and the Versa Charger still doesn't work,with or without the pda on. These people are a real joke !! I received several different dates that things were to be sent and different arrival dates that never matched up . I didn't want a direct cord either,just a MiNi-Sync that works !! Also a Versa Charger THAT works. I doubt I ever get my products ,that work,that I bought ,but I'll be sure to let the forum know what comes down. I personally wouldn't buy a goat cart from these people ,ever again !!!!!!!!!! Wayne

Phillip Dyson
04-04-2005, 01:40 PM
I just got a replacement Mini-sync cable. Right out of the box it doesn't work.

What are other alternatives to Boxwave?

wayneparrish
04-04-2005, 03:20 PM
These people are a real piece of crap !!! I have e-mailed and called and still don't have anything worked out . IF YOU WANT TO THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY,BUY FROM "BOXWAVE ". How any company gets by with treating customers like a piece of DOG CRAP I'll never understand !!! There are a couple of alternatives but i am so mad right now that I'm pulling a blank on the names. I'll try and get it together and post it. Wayne

Phillip Dyson
04-05-2005, 12:01 PM
I had a similar problem with their VersaCharger and a sync/charge cable - it wouldn't recharge the phone. What device are you using this with?

I have a Toshiba e830.
My original mini-sync worked for awhile. Then just stopped. No charging. No Syncing.

My second one wont do anything right out of the box.

Perhaps I should just buy a cable straight from Toshiba. But that requires an adapter to be plugged in as well.

wayneparrish
04-05-2005, 03:39 PM
I don't know how these companies get by with selling pieces of garbage athat don't work !! Furthermore,I don't know how it is that the "REVIEWERS" of these items ,that don't work, always happen to get one for the review that works !!!?? If you know of other places to post this subject,please do !! This company DOES NOT warrant our money !!! Wayne

wayneparrish
04-07-2005, 01:07 AM
Well, Now I know why BOXWAVE waited to respond to me. THEY WAITED TILL THE DAMN WARRANTY RAN OUT AND NOW SAY THEY WILL SELL ME ANOTHER PIECE OF DOG CRAP AT HALF PRICE,WHICH IS TWICE AS MUCH AS ITS WORTH !!!!! HOW IN THE HELL DO THESE COMPANIES GET BY WITH THIS CRAP ?? I'LL GO TO MY CREDIT CARD CO. TOMORROW AND GET IT STARTED TO BACK IT OUT. SPREAD THE WORD THESE PEOPLE ARE CON ARTISTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wayne Parrish

timcolling
04-07-2005, 06:10 AM
Their cables carry warranties that are only two or three months long... and the cables crap out just after that. I like their screen protectors, but I won't ever purchase cables from them again.

- Tim

wayneparrish
04-07-2005, 05:17 PM
YEP,I agree . They are "making an exception " this time and replacing the Versa Charger and selling me a NEW Mini -Sync for about half price !! I have a report ready to go to the Attorney Generals office in their state and will hopefully post as much on the web as posssible against them. I would appreciate it if you post anything anywhere else,send me a link and I'll do the same. Thanks, Wayne

Jason Dunn
04-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Wayne, buddy, calm down - it sounds like you're about to have a heart attack. :-)

Buy cables from www.pocketpctechs.com - Leonard and his crew there are great. I use their cables and they're fantastic - and they don't sell cables that don't work. ;-)

Phillip Dyson
04-08-2005, 03:42 AM
Thanks Jason.
Unfortunately they don't seem to have any for the e830.
I'll send them an email and see what they say.

wayneparrish
04-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Jason, Yep ,I do get fired up when these so called companies rook the people out of their hard earned money !! I would think it would upset anyone to get treated this way. Thanks for the soothing tones ,i'll try to COOL DOWN . Thanks and have a great weekend . Wayne

Paragon
04-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Dave steps into the group with his head lowered and his eyes wide open in case he needs to duck....

....ummm...I have heard several bad reports about Boxwave, yet I have heard just as many if not more, good reports about them. I wonder if they have a personnel problem? It's almost like they have two customer support people. One is complete idiot, and the other spends their time going around putting out the other's fires. I guess I've been lucky and have communicated with the good one any time I've dealt with them because I've always had good luck.

Dave

timcolling
04-08-2005, 11:59 PM
Dave steps into the group with his head lowered and his eyes wide open in case he needs to duck....

....ummm...I have heard several bad reports about Boxwave, yet I have heard just as many if not more, good reports about them. I wonder if they have a personnel problem? It's almost like they have two customer support people. One is complete idiot, and the other spends their time going around putting out the other's fires. I guess I've been lucky and have communicated with the good one any time I've dealt with them because I've always had good luck.

Dave

It is not merely a problem of one or two incompetent customer service personnel - rather, the problem is that the quality of their cable products is not great. They warrant their products for a relatively short time - and indeed, those products do stop working properly shortly after that time (in my experience). By "short time" I mean only a few months, not a year or something more reasonable like that. For me, at least, when I purchase a cable I have an expectation that it will not fail under normal use for at least a year.
- Tim

Paragon
04-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I don't disagree with that at all, Tim. They are just a reseller though, and there are others out there selling the same identical products. In general I think they do sell a number of lower quality items. I think Jason made a good suggestion when he mentioned Pocket PC Techs. They are at the other end of that scale and sell better quality items.

timcolling
04-09-2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I don't disagree with that at all, Tim. They are just a reseller though, and there are others out there selling the same identical products. In general I think they do sell a number of lower quality items. I think Jason made a good suggestion when he mentioned Pocket PC Techs. They are at the other end of that scale and sell better quality items.

Fair enough. I wondered about whether they were just relabelling and reselling others' products.

So, my assessment remains the same:
- for screen protectors, their product is satisfactory
- for anything other than screen protectors, do not give them your business

- Tim

wayneparrish
04-09-2005, 12:49 AM
The other thing that really ticked me off was that they drug their feet till my warranty on the piece of dog crap Versa Charger was a day or two out of date and then said TUFF CRAP BUDDY !!! I finally raised enought hell with them that "Suzanne" ,the cust service girl got with her boss and HE made an EXCEPTION and was going to send me another one . I'm just rooked on the Mini-Sync cable because it was two months out of date !! The fact that it had NEVER worked didn't sway the morons either !! I would really hate to think this outfit could keep ripping off people the way they are !! PASS IT AROUND<PASTE IT EVERYWHERE !!!!! Wayne

mattp
04-09-2005, 06:16 AM
So, my assessment remains the same:
- for screen protectors, their product is satisfactory
- for anything other than screen protectors, do not give them your business

- Tim

Yep, it seems like you're right on the money, although in my experience, PPC Techs screen protectors are better. Boxwave is better than most, but PPC Techs is better.

My Versacharger never worked right, and it won't even charge from the vehicle, which eliminates half of it's appeal.

I'm gonna order PPC Techs' Sync and charge cables so I can finally get what I want.

Glad to see everyone's comments. It solidified the above decison, i.e., it seems that PPC Techs is commited to getting it right no matter what, and Boxwave just sells a product that doesn't work as advertised.