low. In addition to adjusting allocation of storage and program memory bar, is
there other option to free some program memory (i.e., deleting some files in
window folder)?
Also a quick question, I have many files in the window folder namely,
MsgQueueDataFileMicrosoft Broadcast SMS Protocol whose size is 2.71M. Can I
delete these files to free some memory?

surur
03-28-2005, 06:17 PM
MsgQueueDataFileMicrosoft Broadcast SMS Protocol whose size is 2.71M.

That is a virtual file. It does not really take up that much space. You can safely ignore it.

If you have already installed most of your software on storage card, and moved your documents onto storage card, and made sure you did not have unnecessary start-up programs, you can also use tweaks2k2.net to move some dll's into safestore or sd card.

I believe on aximsite in the forums there is much posted on the methods of increasing memory due to the unnecessary 64Mb limit.

Surur

surur
03-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Also see here:

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117218

My memory would have been even 2 MB more free if I would have not installed thai language support for my ppc which has to be installed in RAM,can't be transferred or moved to IFS

First of all,After a hard reset,I deleted all crap from RAM (HP mobile printing,Dockware,BT Phone Manager and My Pictures contents ) as mentioned in this thread by great guy HX4705
http://discussion.brighthand.com/sh...threadid=110957

After that,I installed each and everyone above on IFS,Nothing's installed in Main Memory(except SmartThai,cLaunch and BT smart keyboard which has to be installed in RAM)After installing all applications above,I used memmaid to transfer all dlls to IFS from main memory.After that,I went to My documents and saw useless stuff installed by above applications such as Netfront will create Micro3D ,Javalite folders there,Just go and delete them,they are no use.Just clean your My Documents with useless crap there.After that,move all help files from Windows folders to IFS,It will also save a 1-2 MB of Ram.After that,use memmaid once more to clean temp files and invalid reg keys.That's it.Not that difficult to do. You may end up in having free Ram more than 40 MB coz you don't have to install the thai support for PPC(SmartThai) and BT Smart Keyboard driver if you don't have 1. Give it a try,and post if you have any more questions
Regarding Performance,I installed everything on IFS and I bearly noticed any speed difference comparing if it's installed in RAM.Remember,the read speed of IFS is great (it's ROM,off course),but not the write speed.

Surur

tkasinto
04-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Thank you for both advice. I will definitely try them.

Kadegboye
04-06-2005, 03:57 AM
Hi,
Do you often go websurfing on your ppcp? If you do, it may be that your device memory is occupied by your internet history, temporary internet files and cookies. If you remove all these, you will be amazed how much memory you can reclaim. To do this, follow this steps:-
1/ Start →Internet explorer →tools → options → clear history
2/ Start →Internet explorer →tools → options → under 'Temporary files' → delete files
3/ Start →Internet explorer →tools → options → clear cookies.
I hope this helps.
Kay.

Chris Spera
04-06-2005, 05:03 AM
... or you could use MemMaid to help you clear up unnecessary files and data. It works very well and is reasonably priced.

bnycastro
04-14-2005, 06:11 AM
you can also do the ff:
1) use a ringtone hack so your tones can be stored elsewhere.
Ringtone HACK
\HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\
Under Directory change it into \Storage\Rings\
2) delete the help files (these can accumulate if you install alot of apps)
3) try to weed out applications that you don't use as much so you can streamline your system.
4) clean up your temp internet files (manually or with any other utility)

phs
05-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Hi,
Do you often go websurfing on your ppcp? If you do, it may be that your device memory is occupied by your internet history, temporary internet files and cookies. If you remove all these, you will be amazed how much memory you can reclaim.

My internet explorer cache kept on getting bigger and bigger and couldn't be deleted, even with such utilities like Pcket Cleaner+ or Pocket Mechanic. My device said that the file is being used so it couldn't be deleted. Then I discovered SK Tools', only it's "Force Delete" function worked to delete the file. I guess for some things you really have to invoke the power of the force ...