View Full Version : PocketRSS within PocketBreeze

humayunl
03-28-2005, 10:29 AM
I have installed pocketRSS and with the new version of PocketBreeze, its supposed to allow me to use PocketRSS today plugin from within a tab of Pocketbreeze.

I enabled the today plugin for PocketRSS from within the tabs control of PocketBreeze and it all works fine but only until I do a soft reset.

Howvever everytime I do a soft reset, the PocketRSS icon disappears from the available tabs in pocketbreeze.

I'm pretty sure this is because I have installed PocketRSS on an SD card. When the system boots it probably cant find the pocket rss app and so disables the today plugin. However, this seems unnecessary since PocketRSS is not the default tab in pocketbreeze and also its set to "dynamically Init" means that it only loaded when first accessed.

Any ideas or thoughts on this one? validations or discerditing my theory? any workarounds?

Stephen Beesley
03-28-2005, 11:56 AM
I have installed pocketRSS and with the new version of PocketBreeze, its supposed to allow me to use PocketRSS today plugin from within a tab of Pocketbreeze.

I enabled the today plugin for PocketRSS from within the tabs control of PocketBreeze and it all works fine but only until I do a soft reset.

Howvever everytime I do a soft reset, the PocketRSS icon disappears from the available tabs in pocketbreeze.

I'm pretty sure this is because I have installed PocketRSS on an SD card. When the system boots it probably cant find the pocket rss app and so disables the today plugin. However, this seems unnecessary since PocketRSS is not the default tab in pocketbreeze and also its set to "dynamically Init" means that it only loaded when first accessed.

Any ideas or thoughts on this one? validations or discerditing my theory? any workarounds?

I have a very similiar situation on my device. PocketRSS installed on the CF card with it enabled as a tab through the options within Pocket RSS rather than the custom tab option in PocketBreeze (I use that for JournalBar). Like you, when I do a soft reset the icon for PocketRSS often disappears (as does the custom icon for Journal Bar - though strangely not all the time). I have found that if I go into Pocket Breeze settings and then exit back to the today screen (no need to actually change any settings) the icons are back. Same happens if I change my today image. Sometimes just clicking on the settings icon will do it.

Certainly seems to be some sort of refresh issue.

humayunl
03-28-2005, 12:37 PM
I posted this on the SBSH forums and as I thought, its PB that disables the tab. Here are the details (the response from Amit, the super responsive and friendly developer of PB).

Hi humayunl :)

When PB loads it tries to load all the tab dlls to verify their existence, when installing additional tabs on the SD, on some devices the SD loads a bit slower and when PB loads it is unable to find the tab DLL so it simply remove it from the list - we prefer to remove it then wait because this will cause a delay in the device loading time.

I will try to add a later check when using dynamic init or full dynamic loading methods for the tab B)

Installing the tab on the mail memory will solve the problem of course :)

amitregev
03-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Hi humayunl :)

I'm glad to say we are now working on the next public beta of PocketBreeze, which will probably also be the last one before the official release of PB 4.3 with the custom tab support, and I really hope to have the fix for the problem you described when installing PB additional tabs on the SD card ready with this update :beer:

humayunl
03-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Great! Looking forward to the release.

Thanks Amit :)

Lex
03-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Amit must have internet radar. I was going to suggest posting at the PB site and he'd have probably have answered pretty fast.

The best support in the industry, from SBSH !