View Full Version : Inbox editing problems

mixebug
03-26-2005, 08:23 PM
I do quite a bit of emailing from Pocket Inbox, and have had to deal with the usual number of failed deliveries due to incorrect/out-of-date email addresses. However, I cannot find a way to edit these bounced emails from within Inbox. All I need to do is enter a new (corrected) address in the "to" field and re-send the message. But Pocket Inbox won't allow me to do this...I end up having to recompose the whole message from the beginning.

Any way around this seemingly needless amount of extra effort?

g0097
03-26-2005, 09:41 PM
How about if you try to forward the message? You can then forward it to the right email address of the person without having to type everything over again.

Menneisyys
03-27-2005, 05:00 AM
I do quite a bit of emailing from Pocket Inbox, and have had to deal with the usual number of failed deliveries due to incorrect/out-of-date email addresses. However, I cannot find a way to edit these bounced emails from within Inbox. All I need to do is enter a new (corrected) address in the "to" field and re-send the message. But Pocket Inbox won't allow me to do this...I end up having to recompose the whole message from the beginning.

Any way around this seemingly needless amount of extra effort?

There is. You can directly edit the system database where the headers of all your mail are stored. There, the 'To' header is also stored. With, for example, Pocket dbExplorer, changing this header is a snap.

Make a search for 'dbExplorer' for my nickname. I've described how Inbox stores its WinCE.NET databases and how they can be edited/parsed quite a few times here on PPCT.