View Full Version : inbox

jmhope
03-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Today Inbox plugin on my HP Ipaq 2215 disappeared! have not installed any new software or changed any settings. Is there some way to resolve this through the registry?
Any HELP will be appreciated, James

Menneisyys
03-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Today Inbox plugin on my HP Ipaq 2215 disappeared! have not installed any new software or changed any settings. Is there some way to resolve this through the registry?

You mean your Inbox icon has completely disappeared? Or, some kind of Inbox plug-in (for example, Pocket Hotmail)?

If the former, it's very easy to recreate the link file. Create an Inbox.lnk textual (non-Unicode) file on your desktop containing only one line:

19#"\Windows\tmail.exe"

Copy it via ActiveSync to \Windows\Start Menu or, if the top level of your Start menu is already full, \Windows\Start Menu\Programs.

jmhope
03-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Yes, Inbox icon disappeared, no plug-in.
Would like to create a link file, but have no idea how! Inbox.lnk textual file, got the time to teach me? Really annoying not to have the icon, read most mail on my ppc.
Thanks for answering, James

You mean your Inbox icon has completely disappeared? Or, some kind of Inbox plug-in (for example, Pocket Hotmail)?

If the former, it's very easy to recreate the link file. Create an l (non-Unicode) file on your desktop containing only one line:

19#"\Windows\tmail.exe"

Copy it via ActiveSync to \Windows\Start Menu or, if the top level of your Start menu is already full, \Windows\Start Menu\Programs.

Menneisyys
03-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Would like to create a link file, but have no idea how! Inbox.lnk textual file, got the time to teach me? Really annoying not to have the icon, read most mail on my ppc.

1, get http://menneisyys.freeweb.hu/Messaging.zip
2, rename it to Inbox.lnk
3, transfer it to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs onto the PDA from the desktop via ActiveSync+Windows Explorer. Do you kno how files can be transferred via ActiveSync+Windows Explorer to the PDA?

jmhope
03-30-2005, 03:39 AM
First, thanks for your time on this matter!
Did what you prescribed, and still no inbox (and now "tasks") in the Today settings. Happened once before but a hard reset took care of it, something I guess I'll have to do., if we cant figure it out.
Memmaid still shows both "tasks" and "inbox".

1, get http://menneisyys.freeweb.hu/Messaging.zip
2, rename it to Inbox.lnk
3, transfer it to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs onto the PDA from the desktop via ActiveSync+Windows Explorer. Do you kno how files can be transferred via ActiveSync+Windows Explorer to the PDA?

Menneisyys
03-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Did what you prescribed, and still no inbox (and now "tasks") in the Today settings.

So, it's missing from your Today screen, and not you Start menu? I've described curing the latter because it seems there have been a misunderstanding.

To enable the direct link to Inbox on the Today screen, go to Settings/Today/Items and enable Inbox in there.

jmhope
03-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Sorry about the misunderstanding, inbox (and tasks) are missing from the Settings-Today-Items-(menu). Everything is else is there, date, owner info, calendar, etc., but no inbox or tasks. Just vanished, hadnt installed any new apps, or changed the configuration.

Did what you prescribed, and still no inbox (and now "tasks") in the Today settings.

So, it's missing from your Today screen, and not you Start menu? I've described curing the latter because it seems there have been a misunderstanding.

To enable the direct link to Inbox on the Today screen, go to Settings/Today/Items and enable Inbox in there.