View Full Version : Bluetooth PPC --> Phone Interaction

Lex
03-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Question: Is setup complicated to get a PPC to make a cellphone dial using Bluetooth?

Background: My low-tech cell company who only has phones that make phone calls says they're going to offer a Bluetooth enabled phone next month. They won't say which one. I'm wondering if my iPAQ 2215 will be able to make the phone dial contacts.

OSUKid7
03-27-2005, 07:24 PM
It works flawlessly with my Ericcson T610 and my iPAQ. That's one Bluetooth feature that I had nearly no problems using. :)

Menneisyys
03-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Question: Is setup complicated to get a PPC to make a cellphone dial using Bluetooth?

Background: My low-tech cell company who only has phones that make phone calls says they're going to offer a Bluetooth enabled phone next month. They won't say which one. I'm wondering if my iPAQ 2215 will be able to make the phone dial contacts.

Yes, it will. Even the already built-in Contacts has the 'Dial via Bluetooth' option from WM2003 on (so, you won't need to install anything to be able to dial via BT), not to mention the several third-party dial-up/mobile handler products. The latter, as has been pointed out, won't really be needed, however.

You may also want to check out http://www.ppcmag.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14751 on a similar topic.