View Full Version : Going crazy.. Tried Everything.. can't view network shares using Resco!

jcpose
03-21-2005, 02:38 AM
8O

Hey Guys.. I'm having a terrible time trying to get my Dell Axim X50V to view network shares using Resco File Explorer.

The Dell is connected via Wifi and can connect to the internet. I've renamed it pocketpc without the _ in its name.

The X50V can ping the pc hosting the share using vxutil.
Another computer on the same network subnet can view the shares listed on SERVER with no problem.

When I load up Resco File Explorer, it can see the computers on the network. however when I double click on the SERVER computer to expand its shares, it gives an error saying that it cannot connect.

I've tried getting help on www.aximsite.com, but haven't been able to resolve this yet.

is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction, or can indicate what other information they'll need to help me figure this out?

One my my main reasons for purchasing a pocket pc was to stream video and I can't yet.. because of this.. :(

Thanks for any help you can lend!

Menneisyys
03-21-2005, 07:57 AM
First, welcome to the board :)

Your problem is pretty common with Resco. You should give a try to NetUse instead. Check out http://blogs.ssw.com.au/joehardy/archive/2004/07/28/288.aspx

surur
03-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Also check your firewall and permissions on the directory you want to share.

Surur

jcpose
03-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey GUys,

Thanks for your replies. I've installed Netuse.. I've since been able to resolve my issue but it's kinda wierd..

I have 2 machines, XPC Netbios name, I.P Address 192.168.0.2
SERVER Netbios name, I.P Address 192.168.0.03

In order to view files on XPC if I set the WINS Server address to 192.168.0.2 I am able to view its files, but not server.

If I set the WINS Server to 192.168.0.3 I am them able to view the files on SERVER.

My question is.. how can I view both if I want? I tried setting the primary
WINS Server to 192.168.0.2, and alternate 192.168.0.3. ?

Robert
Thanks guys!