View Full Version : Ipaq 4350 screen partially freezes

drbjstern
03-18-2005, 02:38 AM
I definitely need help. Periodicly (and much of the time) my screen just freezes - but not usually totally. On the Today screen only the upper part (with the Start/windows flag) and the lower aspect - the New and Bluetooth area. Touch them and nothing happens.

When I am playing Solitaire, all is well until the touch screen totally freezes.

Soft resets do not help this problem. Hard resets do not help. ROM update do not help. I have not synced anything to see if this would stop the problem. No go. It still freezes.

The 4 buttons always work. But not the touch screen.

With no explanation, it suddenly (eventually) works.

I got a replacement LCD screen 3 or 4 months ago from HP. Could this be where the problem originates? Certainly the problem did not occur before this.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Menneisyys
03-18-2005, 06:18 AM
If it does this without installing anything (no Today plug-ins, for example) after a hard reset, then, it's clearly a hardware issue.

If you're lucky, just some cable connection is loose, so you aren't lost if you don't have warranty any more. Just take your device apart and reconnect the cables leading to the touch screen of your device.